• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster Need a host

So I've decided to come out of the woodwork and start asking for help. Let me explain my story.

A few years ago I discovered the world of OT, and eventually started getting distros to mess with. From there I started learning most of the trades, and eventually created a big map (still working on it) and scripts. Every now and then I'd invite people to test the map the scripts and the monsters. This was something I did for fun, then I realized how far I'd gotten just by working solo. I now wish to get serious about it, but before I can and really get things in gear, I need a host. Why you ask? Because I use others to help me test my things, problem is my internet is insanely crap, and that makes things difficult. So I need a hoster, if anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Once I get a reliable hoster I can go from there and start putting together a team.

If you want to know more, post here or add me on MSN (I don't use yahoo anymore) @: [email protected]

Thanks for your time.
what kind of map is it?

I did, I even posted in there and talked to helga. I feel like you guys didn't even read my story. I cannot pay for a host and GZ hosting requires payment.

They require a % of the donations you get, thats not to much man. They got 100% from me because you don't make a OT for money... Atleast not me

I did, I even posted in there and talked to helga. I feel like you guys didn't even read my story. I cannot pay for a host and GZ hosting requires payment.

We do not charge any direct money.
We host your server, give it alot of advertising to make it popular and install everything you need to it.
Then you will be able to access the files through FileZilla and using ur browser to control the TFS console ;)

The only thing we do want, is that when you setup your donations, we will use a script that splits the money you get in, which gives us some of the money and you some.

It's a win/win.

I need a host for testing purposes, once I do that I can assemble a team and finish the project, I don't need advertising at this point.

- EDIT LOL Sorry Bam Beat me by a min.

Heh well, we are actually looking for a custom project to lay our hands on.

If you already have a mapper, we could provide you with coders and scripters, that would be me and Emil.

And ofcourse we would have a dedi for testing purposes, but as I said, we would like to be a part of the dev team as well ;)

Do you just wish to help the project or are you going to try and dictate what all I should and should not do?

We will leave all the decisions to you, ofcourse we will give suggestions, but since it's your project you decide what to do and what not.

All we do is to help you out with scripts and such, and provide you with an excellent host.
No strings attached, and no reason to be afraid of being scammed or anything.

After all, we are Green Zebra :)

Alright, I' greatly like the help of scripting, I can do it but I'm not that great at it.

Tell me what I need to do to get started.

-EDIT Nevermind

- EDIT AGAIN

OK, now that GZH is done playing mind games, I still need someone who can help me out.

Last edited:
Back