• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[12.x] OTServBR-Global

EduardoDantas

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

Today we introduce you a different project that we called Canary.
Canary aims to be the definitive and end engine for running a server, and along with that we are also sharing our otservbr-global datapack that runs on top of Canary.

Why canary?
The goal of this engine is to rewrite many systems from TFS in order to provide flexibility and bring organization and otimization to some areas.
This comes in the form of various refactors, cleaner and more efficient code, updated tech stacks that are relavant to the server.
The initial object was to be come a generic MMORPG 2D plataform that could go beyond the world of Tibia and its many derivated servers.
To achieve this object, we are simplifying key architectural areas in both Server and Client and introducing innovation whenever we see possible.

During many years we have tried to push such advancements to the main repository without success so we decided to start fresh and go in a completely different direction.
Canary holds some ideas for the future that are not yet implemented but are still relevant for future:

Server - We have the huge legacy that SaiyansKing left for us in his optimized tfs repository, where he gave us a glimpse of how badly the architecture was designed and how much further it can be improved.

Client: Despite running in latest tibia client, OTC Mehah is our official objective. At some point the client will have the tibia modules and will be optimized and easy to be used and adopted for every player.

Canary-Lib: Many things within the hundreds of bases and tools in the universe of open tibia share the same conceps and functions but they are not unified.
We have inumerous remakes in several places, with just a few tweaks and as you can imagine this is not different in client/server.
The idea of having a common lib to unify all that's common (configs, features, enums, definitions, most of protocol, etc) would simplify and reduce duplicity and maintenance.
In long run, we can have this lib being used as a base for development of other tools using its structure, such as RME, Item Editor, Integrated server list, Integrated Launcher (possibly in a steam format), etc.

The future looks bright, but we will need all the support we can!

Tutorials

GOD Account:

Discord Group for Support
Report bugs (global datapack)
Report bugs (source)
Supported by: OTServBR Forum

GitHub Info
Latest release
Remere's Map Editor
Website (Myaac recommended)
Assets Editor
Others tools

Special Thanks:
Mark Samman
Saiyans King
Canary Contributors
Global Contributors[/B]

Attachments

• canary-global-windows-x64-full.rar
    64.2 MB · Views: 486 · VirusTotal
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Eduardo, it seems a promising project.

I am still new in the OTworld, so I am sorry if my question is a bit silly.

After compiling the last sources for TFS, editing the config.lua and setting up the database, my server starts loading but after 'Loading map' the script simply breaks (no errors).

I managed to successfully load the original forgotten server and also manage to load other datapack with the same executables.

(By the way, I am not sure what is happening about other people stealing the project, but I want to help with the original one, I have several ideas I want to port from another game plugin I am developing to OTplugins and am looking for a initial project to start with)

Thank you Eduardo, it seems a promising project.

I am still new in the OTworld, so I am sorry if my question is a bit silly.

After compiling the last sources for TFS, editing the config.lua and setting up the database, my server starts loading but after 'Loading map' the script simply breaks (no errors).

I managed to successfully load the original forgotten server and also manage to load other datapack with the same executables.

(By the way, I am not sure what is happening about other people stealing the project, but I want to help with the original one, I have several ideas I want to port from another game plugin I am developing to OTplugins and am looking for a initial project to start with)
Unzip the world.rar, we compress due to github limit files with more than 100mb
About project theft: there will always be people like this ... unfortunately the br br community has turned lukewarm into trash ... but we're here to sort this out.

Oh, I thought it would be a silly thing! =p

I did what you said but then I started having other issues so I did a fresh compile (using your sources for C++) and am having some issues any.

Just saw you have a discord group so I will ask there. Thanks for the help!

Oh, I thought it would be a silly thing! =p

I did what you said but then I started having other issues so I did a fresh compile (using your sources for C++) and am having some issues any.

Just saw you have a discord group so I will ask there. Thanks for the help!
What are the mistakes? use our entire pack as there are several changes necessary for the source. Enter the discord and use the channel english

Thank you so much for this.
Im having the next error trying to move items to floor or anywhere:
Any idea?

You using custom map and have global scripts actives, it cause conflicts... remove the line 321 from players.lua "checkWallArito"

Hey Eduardo - I gotta say it's a pretty good distribution. I've been using it and tweaking around playing offline by myself but I am having a blast. And the overall polish is top notch.
I have a question about OTClient. When I tried to enter the server (using OTBRCLIENT you provided to someone in some topic) it says "Only clients with protocol Only support outdated 10.00 and versions 11.00 to 11.49 allowed". I copy-pasted sprites and .dat from the github sources

EDIT: I changed required client version in the config to 10.98 and the error message said "only official client allowed".

Is it possible to somehow set it up and if so - could you kindly guide me how should I do that?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hey Eduardo - I gotta say it's a pretty good distribution. I've been using it and tweaking around playing offline by myself but I am having a blast. And the overall polish is top notch.
I have a question about OTClient. When I tried to enter the server (using OTBRCLIENT you provided to someone in some topic) it says "Only clients with protocol Only support outdated 10.00 and versions 11.00 to 11.49 allowed". I copy-pasted sprites and .dat from the github sources

EDIT: I changed required client version in the config to 10.98 and the error message said "only official client allowed".

Is it possible to somehow set it up and if so - could you kindly guide me how should I do that?
Thanks
Are you trying to use OTClient? It is disabled in the source, because it is possible to send bytes by it crashing the server (this is bug in the OTC), we have decided to deactivate it by default. I can guide you to reactivate.

In protocolgame.cpp switch:

Code:
if (operatingSystem >= CLIENTOS_OTCLIENT_LINUX) {
        disconnectClient("Only official client is allowed!");
        return;
    }

Per:

Code:
if (operatingSystem >= CLIENTOS_OTCLIENT_LINUX) {

NetworkMessage opcodeMessage;

opcodeMessage.addByte(0x32);

opcodeMessage.addByte(0x00);

opcodeMessage.add<uint16_t>(0x00);

writeToOutputBuffer(opcodeMessage);

}

tyvm Eduardo!

The map is based in the same global map most people have been using for years, so there is that same old problem with Venore:

unfortunately it is based on otx, and in the case of a bug, you can expect anything

thanks

Somebody could just upload it with the .exe compiled WORKING console within the .zip?
Is there a way to play it as old mysql servers with In-Game account makers and no need of xaamp or all that?
Just need quick fun with my friends :3

Last edited:
Back