• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New rules for PVP

Nemphis

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
The old rules/todays rules of PKing in Tibia is a very old and outdated and honestly doesnt make any sence at all. Killing another player is a core part of the game and always have been. And the result of killing to many players results in a ban which is fuc*ing crazy.
The only good reasons for a ban is cheating and abusing bugs for own benefits without reporting them.

Killing players is NOT cheating.

There proberly wont be any changes, but please think about it. This community could be a good start to change the rules of how PVP works. Make changes so PVP happends more often, encourage PVP and dont make players scared of it.

(If my pve server ever would see daylight, these are some of the changes that would have been done.)
  • Skull system will get a facelift. White skull lasts X minutes unless you get attacked by another player, the time will reset back to X minutes.
  • Red skulls are given after Y player kills, and red skull will be removed after the player died the first time or having ten hours of play time outside protection zone without death.
  • Frags from killing people will have a cooldown of 6 hours each frag(4 frags every 24 hours) or if you pay ransom to the city council. (Higher level of player increase cost per frag).
  • Death penalty with red skull will loose 1.5x normal experience points and skills than normal plus everything he has equipped.
  • Players with white skulls will have death penalty reduced to 50% of normal to promote PVP combat and attacking other players.
  • Players dying to a white skulled player will have death penalty reduced to 25% to promote PVP combat and to reduce the fear of dying in pvp combat.
  • Bann in PVP may NEVER occour. But if you PK X amount of players Z levels below your own, you will be sent to DP for 6 hours and you may not leave protection zone.("Prisoned players will receive a black skull")

I know that Tibia is very unique in their ways on how to handle their PVP. But be reasonable, if you allow PVP and then bann players for doing it makes zero sence at all.

If u have any pointers, please comment. Thanks.

(A few stupid examples that could happen)

*You have dungeons and allow players to complete them to earn sweet EXP and loot. But if they do it twice a day they get a bann.
*If you spawn-camp rare bosses to farm a specific item you get a bann.
*The dice is a quest reward but players may not use it for gambling in depot, result in bann.
*Players may purchase houses like normal, but if u dont pay rent - bann.
*Finding an awesome weapon without lvl and vocation restriction and sends it to low lvl for easy exping - result is a bann cause he should not be that strong.

I think you stopped at Tibia ~8.6
Now you cant get banned because Cipsoft introduce Black Skulls
Also if you want fight with another guild you have Guild Emblem system that dont count frags if you kill enemy guild member.
Look at hardcore retro pvp servers where at start is hype and a lot of players but after one guild is starting to dominate whole server, normal players cant play.
This frag system is good because prevent hunting players like rotworms.

On my server where is exp for players White and Red Skull gives more exp and they lose more as you wrote.

I understand maybe that i might not be up-to-date but im not saying no punishment for players who only kill players, but still - thats a way of playing the game.

Guild wars and arenas is a great way for pvp, i totally agree.
But i still see OTs with rules like banning players after a specific amount of pking.

You could introduce new rules where you can only be PKed once or twice a day, then you are protected till SS.
Wanted posters in cities which reward players to kill PKers
Honor system like world of warcraft instead of loosing items when killed you get a currency which you can buy stuff from a NPC.

There could be hostile zones and safe zones instead of level protection, there could be a no-mans-land zone where everything is legal.

Just like you said where players which have a skull gives plenty of experience to whoever kills him.

You should be scared of the penalties of killing someone, but be scared to be killed.

FROM OUR RELEASE NOTES :

--"Skulls function just as they do in Original 7.4 with one major exception. That exception is also the Punishment which normally leads to banishment, i.e. too many unjust frags in a given time frame. On Dura if you reach 'too many unjustified kills', where you would normally be banished, instead you will become an "Outlaw" -- which will last for 'X' days, just like a Red Skull. An 'Outlaw' carries with it three very important traits: First, one's base loss upon Death will not be 10% but 20%; promotion and blessings still apply for reducing experience and skills but not item or container, just as Red Skull. Secondly, upon Death he will give the majority of his lost Experience to those who killed him. Thirdly, upon Death an Outlaw will spawn not back in the Temple but in Outlaw Camp. Fourthly, an Outlaw will be recognizable by the Public. Consult our back here for our Skull System regarding unjustifies in the coming days on our website for how many it requires to Skull Up, as well how long a Skull lasts."

@Nemphis
I like some of your ideas though Nemphis, maybe we will implement them. I like this one particuarly in certain contexts: "Red skulls are given after Y player kills, and red skull will be removed after the player died the first time." Instead I'm thinking 3-5 deaths or something similar.

@rafaeru
I never thought Black Skulls were a good solution though.

@Nemphis
Killing players is NOT cheating.
Of course it's not but think more about it. PvP is a tool for players to solve their problems or just have fun. If someone is mean to you or you want to punish thief/blocker then it's ok to solve it on PvP area instead of insulting each other on chat or forum. If two guilds agreed to make a war, nothing wrong here. If someone plays a role of a hunter and wants to hunt some people for gold or items, still its okay. But if some people are doing this only because they want to ruin fun for others, then in my opinion its not okay and thats why you have some limits.

Back