• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ New skills for dragon ball server

Michcol94

Reaction score
Hello, I would like to add or replace skills on my server. I want to add skills like attack speed (a skill trained with a special weapon can be replaced with an axe), defense (a skill trained with a weapon with gauntlets or sword-consuming melee attacks can be replaced with shields), energy (spell resistance trained with spell attack absorption) any help? I will add that I have already spent some time searching the forum. I'm doing it based on Dragon Ball.

Man, what you're asking for requires deep source changes, so you probably won't find tutorials specifically for that here or anywhere else. If you have a reasonable knowledge on C++ language, you can risk it (always make sure to have a backup for you server and client). If not, you may look in the "Jobs" section for a programmer who will make those changes for you.

Good luck!

Find in files (creature.h): [U]#define EVENT_CREATURECOUNT[/U] and [U]#define EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL[/U] and change it to:
Lua:
#define EVENT_CREATURECOUNT 1
#define EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL 50
There are no lines in the 1.4.2 engine source code, I think there is something like this:
C++:
static constexpr int32_t EVENT_CREATURECOUNT = 10;
static constexpr int32_t EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL = 1000;
static constexpr int32_t EVENT_CHECK_CREATURE_INTERVAL = (EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL / EVENT_CREATURECOUNT);

Find in files (creature.h): [U]#define EVENT_CREATURECOUNT[/U] and [U]#define EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL[/U] and change it to:
Lua:
#define EVENT_CREATURECOUNT 1
#define EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL 50
There are no lines in the 1.4.2 engine source code, I think there is something like this:
C++:
static constexpr int32_t EVENT_CREATURECOUNT = 10;
static constexpr int32_t EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL = 1000;
static constexpr int32_t EVENT_CHECK_CREATURE_INTERVAL = (EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL / EVENT_CREATURECOUNT);
My bad, after reading that your are making a dragon ball server I thought it would be tfs 0.x. Since, you are on 1.4.2 this will work: TFS 1.X+ - How to have attack speed scalling with skill level? (https://otland.net/threads/how-to-have-attack-speed-scalling-with-skill-level.282099/#post-2703548)

Do you know how to change the name of the skill in the client? I'm using the mehah version
I found it changed

Last edited:
Hello, I would like to add or replace skills on my server. I want to add skills like attack speed (a skill trained with a special weapon can be replaced with an axe), defense (a skill trained with a weapon with gauntlets or sword-consuming melee attacks can be replaced with shields), energy (spell resistance trained with spell attack absorption) any help? I will add that I have already spent some time searching the forum. I'm doing it based on Dragon Ball.
attack speed ✅
defense ❌
energy ❌

you have not tried using lua with

onManaChange
onHealthChange
?

example:
Lua:
if origin == 3 or origin == 4 then -- (DEFENCE attack enemy of origins : distance or glove)

local skill = attacker:getEffectiveSkillLevel(SKILL_CLUB) -- get you skill stats of club.   [club = defence ]
return primaryDamage * (1-(skill/100)), primaryType, secondaryDamage, secondaryType   -- absorb attack glove or distance if you have 10 stat of club then 1-(10/100) = 0.9  (Absorb 10%)

elseif origin == 3 then --(ENERGY ( absorb damage of orginins : spells))
local skill2 = attacker:getEffectiveSkillLevel(SKILL_FISHING) -- fishing= energy
return primaryDamage * (1-(skill/100)), primaryType, secondaryDamage, secondaryType  --same if you have 10 stat of fishing. you have 10%absorb spells

--lo mismo pero mas barato xd
Take the Dogle system as an example.
BUT only no chance and no damage = 0

obviously deactivates the traditional way of obtaining club or fishing and invent a system that gives you club and fishing
Lua:
player:addSkillTries
in
Lua:
onStepIn or onTargetCombat
make it up xd

Last edited:
Back