• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows No one can enter in my website ='(

glaskario

Reaction score
well, i'm working on a server right now, i'm configuring everything, but i found a problem

i can access my website normally, but noone else can ;S

i use windows xp sp2, i'm hosting the server with xampp, AND i use zone alarm (maybe thats the problem?)
i've been looking in zone alarm, but didn't find anything that could 'trap' xampp (apache)

just got my 2mb link, i know its not much, but its really good to start hosting at home before put in a real datacenter and everything

the problem now is that i can't use the modem i used to ='(
so now i'm using a modem with router, i didn't install zone alarm, so thats not the problem... i just need to configure the router stuff now >.<
guess thats not that difficult Oo

Try taking down your firewalls in Zone Alarm and checking if your site can be accessed globally. After your firewalls are down your site should be able to be accessed globally from this point. Knowing thats the case in Zone Alarm under 'Program Control' in the 'Programs' tab make sure the server has full access. When this is true open 'options' for the server and then switch to the 'Expert Rules' tab. Select 'add' at the bottom. Make sure State is set to 'Enabled' and Action is set to 'Allow'. You will then see a box in the bottom left of the window labeled, 'Protocol'. Click 'Modify' -> 'Add Protocol' -> 'Add Protocol'. Enter your ports here and remember to do the same for UDP and TCP as required. Turn your firewall up and you should be ready to roll. Hope I helped you.

i didn't install zone alarm, so thats not the problem.
What didn't you get with that? You just made a tutorial on how to turn off the zone alarm firewall even tho he clearly stated that he didn't have it...

its gonna be usefull... i'm kind of REALLY busy right now, thats y i took so long to see the posts....

@master-m
thanks for the websit

@wasted
yes, i guess it will be usefull even if i dont use it, it seems that i just got a virus (less than 1 week without zone alarm), and i'm really thinking in installing it again, your tutorial will b usefull (even if it wont be useful for me :p)

@Empty
you deserv an empty essage for your nickname
(well, i guess its not blank now, but ty for looking over)
and please, would be nice using an avatar that wont make you stare at it when you try to read a message

Back