• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

nostalrius 7.7 Select query

Grinwick

Reaction score
Hi,
i'm playing around with the nostalrius 7.7 files trying to downgrade everything, now i basically removed 'soul' soulpoints everywhere and i can create new chars but whenever i try to login i get the following error. now i would like to remove the request for 'soul' from SELECT but i have no idea where this request comes from, anyone can give me a push in the right direction?
do i need to re compile?
ty

grtz!

1650893810807.png

What you mean with "i basically removed 'soul' soulpoints everywhere"? Because when you ask if you need to compile it you sound kinda lost. Of course you need to compile the server and remove soul from the sources.

What Penoso said. You removed the soul field from the database, but the server still requests it from the database. Therefore you get the error about Unknown column 'soul' in 'field list'. You need to edit the queries in the source code and remove/disable code referencing soul points and then recompile, and probably change some scripts to ignore soul points.

Client will crash aswell because it requires soul info.

That is true. I guess you need to edit the code in such a way that the soul system is disabled server-side, but that the server still sends a 0 to the client to show in the soul counter.

oh right client will keep requesting, i can keep soul points at 0 and remove the words 'soul' and 'soul points' using hexeditor but it looks kinda bad. i guess i'll have to find another way, thanks for the help everybody!

oh right client will keep requesting, i can keep soul points at 0 and remove the words 'soul' and 'soul points' using hexeditor but it looks kinda bad. i guess i'll have to find another way, thanks for the help everybody!
Probably @LordCompi can help you with removing soul points, he managed to success doing it with tibiantis client.

easier said then done xD
it's quite easy, you just need to nop printtext calls in gui about soul points
I'm not sure which client do you use, but if it's cipsoft one just set the readmemory breakpoint on Soul Points string and check the stack (repeat it few times if you are not sure with other string like Experience or Skills) and then just 0x90 0x90 0x90 0x90 (..)

PS. If you know only how to use hex editor to edit strings you won't get better effects than you got here https://otland.net/attachments/1650912563158-png.67317/

it's quite easy, you just need to nop printtext calls in gui about soul points
I'm not sure which client do you use, but if it's cipsoft one just set the readmemory breakpoint on Soul Points string and check the stack (repeat it few times if you are not sure with other string like Experience or Skills) and then just 0x90 0x90 0x90 0x90 (..)

PS. If you know only how to use hex editor to edit strings you won't get better effects than you got here https://otland.net/attachments/1650912563158-png.67317/
Ok, Thanks, much appreciate the info!
Yes i am using the original 7.72!
I will spend today learning more about this and hope to get back to you with good news ^^

Cheers guys!

Last edited:
Back