• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

NPC Maker/tool to preview custom outfits?

Jizzor

Solutions
Reaction score
For an 7.X OT with custom sprites and custom outfits I would like to make some Player/NPC outfits and see how they look before they are put into the game or just to play around with. Is there any tool where you can just load the .spr & .dat file from the client and create outfits for NPCs etc. based on the data in those files?

Something like Elime's NPC Editor is great but as far as I know, unfortuantely doesn't allow custom sprites to be loaded.
Or ObjectBuilder is great too (and has a looktype generator) but doesn't show the colored preview of the outfit..

Last edited:
Unfortunately , to the best of my knowledge there is no known tool to fit your specific needs.

However as you have noted ObjectBuilder is close, and last I checked it was open source, have you checked the forks to see if anyone has made anything with ObjectBuilder that would work or could be easily altered to work the way you would like?

Unfortunately , to the best of my knowledge there is no known tool to fit your specific needs.

However as you have noted ObjectBuilder is close, and last I checked it was open source, have you checked the forks to see if anyone has made anything with ObjectBuilder that would work or could be easily altered to work the way you would like?
That's a very good idea and I checked all 28 forks, most are straight unchanged forks of the OB master, others just seemed to have implemented some custom features that allow saving and loading of custom formats and file types or fixed bugs/compatibility issues. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like any of them have an outfitter/outfit color changer implemented.
The master branch of OB also seems inactive for the past 3 years and sadly no new versions or updates have been done in that time span.
Thanks for the great tip though!

Back