• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[NPC] Red Carpet

Martijn

Reaction score
Well, easy to make but never saw one before so..

(data/npc/rizla.xml)
Code:
<npc name="Rizla" script="data/npc/scripts/carpet" autowalk="25" floorchange="0" access="5" level="1" maglevel="1">
	<health now="150" max="150"/>
	<look type="129" head="114" body="119" legs="114" feet="114" lookaddon="3" corpse="2212"/>
<parameters>
		<parameter key="module_shop" value="1" />
		<parameter key="message_greet" value="|PLAYERNAME|, How are you? Do wish to fly with me? Just say carpet!" />
	</parameters>
</npc>

(data/npc/scripts/carpet.lua)

Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

-- OTServ event handling functions start
function onCreatureAppear(cid)				npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid) 			npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) 	npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink() 						npcHandler:onThink() end
-- OTServ event handling functions end

-- Don't forget npcHandler = npcHandler in the parameters. It is required for all StdModule functions!
local travelNode = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'carpet'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Do you want to fly with me?'})
	travelNode:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.travel, {npcHandler = npcHandler, premium = true, level = 8, cost = 50, destination = {x=100, y=1000, z=7} })
	travelNode:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, reset = true, text = 'Then not.'})

keywordHandler:addKeyword({'destination'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'How should I know where the carpet takes us?'})

-- Makes sure the npc reacts when you say hi, bye etc.
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Not tested but well, enjoy.
Outfit is basic.

------------

Someone asked me this:

"This is only for one location right?
Able to say it so people can add various locations instead of a yes/no thing, like you can say "place1" or "place2" "

And here is the answer,

Yeah that would be possible also,
Just add another line and change the carpet to the name of the place like "Engima City" then change the cooördinates.

Code:
local travelNode = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'carpet'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Do you want to fly with me?'})
	travelNode:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.travel, {npcHandler = npcHandler, premium = true, level = 8, cost = 50, destination = {x=100, y=1000, z=7} })
	travelNode:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, reset = true, text = 'Then not.'})

<npc name="Rizla" script="data/npc/scripts/carpet.lua" should be this I think

And This isnt a flying carpet lol. You just got teleported like a normal boat npc...

If you want a flying carpet donate to talaturen and you get a much better script.

<npc name="Rizla" script="data/npc/scripts/carpet.lua" should be this I think

And This isnt a flying carpet lol. You just got teleported like a normal boat npc...

If you want a flying carpet donate to talaturen and you get a much better script.

Also, he make the script, and maybe dont have money :eek:, you dont need to swear.

Talaturen should be I think ^_-.

Back