• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved NPC that uses storage as points and gives maxHealth

Joriku

Working in the mines, need something?
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
Joriku
Hi,
so. I've been having a hard time to know what do use here..
Here comes a simple not done script that I am trying to write, I hope my notes tells enough.
So, this is what I am trying to do.
Here's the rebirth part. It rebirths the player, gives x1 point of the skillpoint into it's storage.
Lua:
player:setStorageValue(85988, storage == -1 and 1 or storage + 1)
                    player:setStorageValue(23000, storage == -1 and 1 or storage + 1)
                       db.query('UPDATE players SET rebirths=rebirths+'.. 1 ..' WHERE id='..getPlayerGUID(cid))
                        db.query('UPDATE players SET skillpoint=skillpoint+'.. 1 ..' WHERE id='..getPlayerGUID(cid))

Here comes the npc.
I am trying to make it give 2% maxHealth onto the player if skillpoint is greater then 1 inside the storage. But I got a little stuck on what to use and how..

Lua:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)
local talkState = {}

local cost = 1 -- here we take the point

local config = {
    ["points"] = {storage = 23000, 1}, -- Storage for the added points, goes onto database as "skillpoint" under players
    ["health"] = {storage = 23001}, -- Storage for health, taking 1 point and adding 2% more max health
    ["mana"] = {storage = 23002}, -- Storage for mana, taking 1 point and adding 2% more max mana
    ["reset"] = {storage = 23003}, -- Storage for reset, this resets all bonuses and restores the users earned skill points
}

function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if(not npcHandler:isFocused(cid)) then
        return false
    end

local talkUser = NPCHANDLER_CONVBEHAVIOR == CONVERSATION_DEFAULT and 0 or cid

if(msgcontains(msg, 'health')) then
        selfSay('When you rebirth, you can spend your skill points on rewards. One of them being more health.', cid)
        selfSay('Are you sure you want to spend your point on 2% more maxHealth?', cid)
        talkState[talkUser] = 1
    elseif(msgcontains(msg, 'yes') and talkState[talkUser] == 1) then
    if getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 23000) => 1 then
        db.query('UPDATE players SET healthmax=healthmax+'.. 2 ..' WHERE id='..getPlayerGUID(cid)) -- Set player's maxhp with + 2%
        doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid), 28) -- Send magiceffect ones it goes through
        return true
    end
    else if getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 23000) < 1 then
        selfSay('I am sorry bud, you got no skillpoints.', cid) -- cancel message
        return true
    end

function onCreatureAppear(cid)              npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)           npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)         end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)      npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)    end
function onThink()                          npcHandler:onThink()                        end

npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Last edited:
Back