• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

NPCs greeting

Samuro

GameDev
Reaction score
"Hello 'player', I have expected you."

This is what every single NPC says when I greets him/her. Is there a way to change it? can't find it in the .lua file

Code:
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Hello there, |PLAYERNAME|!")
It's also possible to do it in XML:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<npc name="A Ghostly Guardian" script="default.lua">
<look type="131" head="9" body="85" legs="9" feet="85" addons="3"/>
	<parameters>
[B][COLOR="Red"]		<parameter key="message_greet" value="|PLAYERNAME|, it is you. I knew you'd be coming someday. The guardian greets you."/>[/COLOR][/B]
		<parameter key="message_walkaway" value="I am guarding this place ... forever."/>
		<parameter key="message_farewell" value="I am guarding this place ... forever."/>
		<parameter key="module_keywords" value="1"/>
		<parameter key="keywords" value="job"/>
		<parameter key="keyword_reply1" value="Once I was a guardian in these halls. It was my duty to welcome those who braved the challenge. But the Brotherhood infiltrated this place using stolen knowledge and their evil seed took root."/>
	</parameters>
</npc>

I noticed this line
<parameter key="keywords" value="job"/>
<parameter key="keyword_reply1" value="Once I was a guardian in these halls. It was my duty to welcome those who braved the challenge. But the Brotherhood infiltrated this place using stolen knowledge and their evil seed took root."/>
</parameters>

How do I make more like this one? I've tried on my own but no idea how to do it :p

Oh and thanks for the greeting help, it worked

Code:
<parameter key="keywords" value="job;[B]test[/B]"/>
[B]<parameter key="keyword_reply2" value=just test a new keyword."/>[/B]
</parameters>

Here you go

Back