• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Obj Builder & Spriting issues!

eardrums

Solutions
Reaction score
Okay so im trying to get into spriting but im running into a few issues that arent making sense to me.

For one thing i thought the best way to learn is by analyzing normal monsters from tibia.

So i export the file and it pops up with all the different animations that creature has in 1 image.
like so:
dragon 1.png

So i started to see how I could slice each one individually to analyze it. for one thing when i use the slicer on object builder it just slices the monster into 4 separate pieces like so:

dragon 2.png

So i tried a bunch of methods to connect the images through paint by creating a 64x64 canvas and copying each one into fitting them like a puzzle. and honestly i knew there had to be a more efficient process. it didnt even work because anytime i copy and pasted it, the image would start getting these grey pixels around the dragon which would ruin it.

so then i thought of finding an online slicer tool that could slice it to precisely 64x64 at the areas i wanted. didnt find any good ones and the ones that worked also turned the dragon to have grey lines around it.

so then i finally found a object builder tutorial and found out that i could also slice things with the animation editor. here i ran into a bunch of different issues.
now im not sure if my program is bugged or im just missing something but when i put it into the editor here is what happens.
dragon 3.png

the crop tool works perfectly and doesnt separate the dragon into 4 pieces but it does it into 64x64 pixels like i want it. but the issue lies in the fact that i cant find an export button or anything to take these out into files or progress further. what makes me think that this is also a bug is that when i press delete while i have a selected frame it does not respond at all and when i press play to see the animation it does not respond as well.

would love it if someone could shed some light on the matter.

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Okay so im trying to get into spriting but im running into a few issues that arent making sense to me.

For one thing i thought the best way to learn is by analyzing normal monsters from tibia.

So i export the file and it pops up with all the different animations that creature has in 1 image.
like so:
View attachment 77175

So i started to see how I could slice each one individually to analyze it. for one thing when i use the slicer on object builder it just slices the monster into 4 separate pieces like so:

View attachment 77176

So i tried a bunch of methods to connect the images through paint by creating a 64x64 canvas and copying each one into fitting them like a puzzle. and honestly i knew there had to be a more efficient process. it didnt even work because anytime i copy and pasted it, the image would start getting these grey pixels around the dragon which would ruin it.

so then i thought of finding an online slicer tool that could slice it to precisely 64x64 at the areas i wanted. didnt find any good ones and the ones that worked also turned the dragon to have grey lines around it.

so then i finally found a object builder tutorial and found out that i could also slice things with the animation editor. here i ran into a bunch of different issues.
now im not sure if my program is bugged or im just missing something but when i put it into the editor here is what happens.
View attachment 77177

the crop tool works perfectly and doesnt separate the dragon into 4 pieces but it does it into 64x64 pixels like i want it. but the issue lies in the fact that i cant find an export button or anything to take these out into files or progress further. what makes me think that this is also a bug is that when i press delete while i have a selected frame it does not respond at all and when i press play to see the animation it does not respond as well.

would love it if someone could shed some light on the matter.

thanks in advance!

Use 32x32 slice them into more rows and columns thats all.

Back