• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

offline skilling? Your opinion/advice

Bilip

Reaction score
In my server many players asked for Offline skilling/training.
There is v popular and I've seen this many times on evo servers.
Moreover I see a lot of adventages of this idea
1) Players want it
2) More players online in stats = Server getting more popular
3) Obviously players would choose server with 60 online instead of 30.
(even if they don't know that half of them are AFK)

So Idea seems to be great. First thought: why wait, just set KICK time from 15 minutes to 15 hours.
I don't think it's any abuse. but...
From otserverlist.org:
We do not accept servers with modified/false informations (i.e. number of online players, record and uptime). Usually such servers are instantly detected and banned from otservlist including ip.

Adding login servers (summing online players from a few servers) and counting quit players (e.g. on trainers on non logout zones) is also prohibited. You can also be banned for faking other servers (e.g. same name or website)!

Servers violating our rules will be banned for 30 days.

And now... Is that for real!?
Many servers use that?
Did they somehow turn off counting exit players?

What do you think about it?
Share your opinion =)

Of course banishment on this site whould be GAME OVER for server, so I think it's quite important :p

Not very many servers get banned for that, but yeah it is possible.

Anymore Comments?
Next question, only supposedly...
This ban is for domain?
For example: for servername.com?
Or for IP of server?
I mean i somebody get ban for server is it possible to change domain and avoid ban :p?
Just wondering :p

Anymore Comments?
Next question, only supposedly...
This ban is for domain?
For example: for servername.com?
Or for IP of server?
I mean i somebody get ban for server is it possible to change domain and avoid ban :p?
Just wondering :p

Your server will be banned of otservlist, doesn't matter if your game IP Address is "best-server-ever.com", there is always a IP-V4 address behind this, all they do is ban the IP Address.

OK, so it's deffinatelly too risky, I decided to don't do it =)
Thanks for help =)

Back