• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenLua!

Supar Kakan

Reaction score
Have you ever felt like the lua forums are a big mess or it's not enough for you?
You're maybe not learning anything or feel like you want to get rated for your skills? If you in anyway like lua I recommend you to check out this new forum:
OpenLua (Click!)

Thank you! =)

Get a real domain and switch to vBulletin, or atleast MyBB, SMF is one of the worst forum engines in my opinion, oh and also get rid of the google ads, I'm sure that will give you more members and a bigger community.

Yeah, but the google ads is part of the deal when getting the host (gatsu).
And the real domain will come, we just wanted to see if there was any interest in a lua forum to start off with.
Also, we would need support then cause Nostradamus and 4220niller are planning on creating a community called OTLua.. They're better then us admins on OpenLua at scripting lua, so they will probably get more members.. Then the domain name would've costed money that's just been to waste.. =(
If I see enough active people on our community though we'll peobably get the domain name and the vBulletin anyways!

That's a bad deal then, if the money from the ads goes to whatever the hoster wants do to, it should go to domain name/better forum engine, it doesnt seem hard to create a community better than your, just simply download MyBB and don't add any ads, be an active staff member until you have enough active members, should be enough to have a happy community. As soon as I saw that your forum used SMF and bad-placed ads I decided to not register, the ads should atleast be placed in the black area on the banner.

That's a bad deal then, if the money from the ads goes to whatever the hoster wants do to, it should go to domain name/better forum engine, it doesnt seem hard to create a community better than your, just simply download MyBB and don't add any ads, be an active staff member until you have enough active members, should be enough to have a happy community. As soon as I saw that your forum used SMF and bad-placed ads I decided to not register, the ads should atleast be placed in the black area on the banner.

really? you also used ads ^^ If you dont like the deal then you come up with a better. Ads placed within a banner, isnt that a matter of taste? imo its never fitting and ruening the design more then anything. And when you say this and also offer them free 24/7 webhosting that you gain nothing on then I will listen =) if not then your no better then me ;)

really? you also used ads ^^ If you dont like the deal then you come up with a better. Ads placed within a banner, isnt that a matter of taste? imo its never fitting and ruening the design more then anything. And when you say this and also offer them free 24/7 webhosting that you gain nothing on then I will listen =) if not then your no better then me ;)

But I don't use ads when I don't need to, that you get an administrator position should be enough, in this case it wouldn't look bad because you have enough of empty parts in it, you don't gain "nothing" you get an administrator position, and if I'm not better than you then please explain why I don't use ads and you do, and WHAT is better with SMF than any other forum engine? To me it seems you host the forum for money and not for the community as I'm doing with this forum.

He was just irritated while saying it I guess.
But, we need those ads really. We need the money for a vBulletin!
Nobody would donate to us since I don't think any of our members has got paypal.
So, we have to use SMF and I've removed ads.
We might ad them but then the money would go to the forums vBulletin (If we ever get enough money for it).

Back