• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Avaricia 3D - Development Thread (Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, Lightining, and more!)

Avaricia 3D - Unity Test IX from December 2022. I never uploaded it, guess it's time ^^
  • Modeling on Zbrush / Autodesk Maya
  • Rigging on Autodesk Maya with Advanced Skeleton
  • Textured at Substance Painter
  • Prototype on Unity Engine written in C#

Really fun following your project, starting to look really interesting. However, I can't get this thought out of my head while watching the character run.. or.. walk?

Really fun following your project, starting to look really interesting. However, I can't get this thought out of my head while watching the character run.. or.. walk?
Yeah that character shouldn't be the final model. For it I had to make a blend tree for each direction and one more blend tree for every secondary action, this way all the inbetween actions are calculated from previous to next move.

But it won't look good as long I make a better rig for the character. Or even, make a similar model to a mixamo's characters and use copy skin weight tool on a new model (with very similar topology) to directly take movements from mixamo.

Thanks for watching the videos,
Regards!

Last edited:
Back