• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

šŸ² OTC StoneDrake UI by Shiva - [Free Release]

Shadowsong

Game Developer & Graphic Designer
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
ShivaShadowsong
SYLJWOS.png

Hello,

I'd like to preface this release, courtesy of a friend known here as @Verticos, with a bit of an origin story, so that you know what you're getting and why.

A while ago, I created a GUI for a customer by the name of Tinkz who paid a portion of the price upfront, and maintained a pleasant communication with me throughout the creation process. I agreed to send him the pieces of the UI as they're finished, so he could already start implementing and coding it, knowing how tedious this process usually is. He returned this favor by not responding anymore once he got all the pieces he wanted. Allegedly, he went on to sell copies of the layout in other OT communities and made much more than his initial 'investment'. I sought to sell the layout now that its original customer bailed on me, and @Verticos offered to compensate me for it.

Then, he told me that I can share it publicly if I wanted to. So why haven't I already done that?

Truth be told, even with his permission, I've had my reservations about that idea for a while, given that I've been through a period of feeling quite bitter with the OT scene in general for various reasons, this unpleasant interaction with the customer being one of them.

Suffice to say that 2020 has been a terrible year for most of us, and I figured this is probably the best opportunity to end it on a positive note, and finally contribute something meaningful.

I know there's a bunch of people out there who have been waiting for something like this. I hope it makes someone's day.
And I'd like to thank @Verticos again for making this possible, I sure as hell wouldn't have been able to afford sharing it for free.

GK09cZJ.png
The UI was created to be a bit more stylized and refined version of the same theme from Tibia's UI which we all know, for a 7.X version. It should be familiar, but fresh.
Keep in mind, while this UI was created for the purposes of OTClient implementation, it can be used for anything else, a website, a different game, etc.

This UI pack contains only images and instructions to help with implementation, but there is no actual OTClient implementation of the layout, you'll have to do that yourself. It would be really cool if someone published a fork where this would be publicly developed and available for all OTClient users, otherwise, I guess it'll be a payday for a few coders. Personally, I don't have the time to do that, but I could help out if you get stuck doing something and there's a public branch I can contribute to. Or, post here about it.

There are some nice things in this pack even for those who are simply looking to change some things in their current client. For example, some updated condition icons (Those that you might expect to find in a 7.X OT only).

aHyXFCT.png

The UI was originally made with a bit of a brownish hue, but later on in the process, more and more of that brownish hue was neutralized, so now we have a more classic ā€œstoneā€ themed look.

The layout is flexible and comes with numerous pieces that you can decide how to use. The assets should enable you to create various setups to your liking. (e.g. Things like this are achieved by the code, not by modifying the assets):

8zQmmJv.png

Several different window headings and assets are provided to let you customize further:

yAgxHKW.png

Needless to say, the layout could benefit from a switch in the font, but not all people are willing to part with that good old Verdana, so Verdana was used as a reference for most of the time during the layout's creation, but here is a reference for you as well. More info in the readme.

qlKXmSS.png

UoVoj3a.png

Mirror 1

āš ļø Check the Readme.txt for helpful details.

Enjoy!​

Attachments

• StoneDrakeClientUI.rar
    10.5 MB · Views: 839 · VirusTotal
looks really nice
pro release for xmas =]
Keep in mind, while this UI was created for the purposes of OTClient implementation, it can be used for anything else, a website, a different game, etc.
new dark theme on forum? xD

btw what happened to tinkz? i remember him as a nice guy running a promising project

Thanks everyone, and Merry Christmas to you too ā™„ļø

I don't even use OTC, because it's a pile of shit, but good job on this client design, someone will surely end up using it

Feels like you just decided at some point that you hate it and never tried to do more work with it, there is definitely a lot of room for improvement on it as it stands, but it's way better now than it used to be, especially the @Mehah fork, and it's the most developed working alternative we have right now if we want to customize a client. Not all projects can run on cipsoft's limited client features.

looks really nice
pro release for xmas =]

new dark theme on forum? xD

btw what happened to tinkz? i remember him as a nice guy running a promising project

It has pretty similar colors to the Shades of Grey theme :D
I don't know what happened to him, he just ceased all communication with me, I tried reaching out to him for months.

Where is the medieval font with .otfont kurwa i need this font so bad because this font is only one font that i need from this UI.
Nice release but gimme the font , šŸ˜¬.
font please
please

Where is the medieval font with .otfont kurwa i need this font so bad because this font is only one font that i need from this UI.
Nice release but gimme the font , šŸ˜¬.
font please
please

I didn't want to do anything like that since Verdana works fine with the layout and it's the developer's decision to switch out the font, which is kinda a big deal so yeah. If you want to try it out, download gimp, import otclient/tools/gimp-bitmap-generator/generate_bitmap_font.py, execute the plugin and make any font you want ready for otc.

Looks great :) Changing the tiles and their amount in backpacks is one of the best idea i ever seen merry xmas

Back