• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClientv8 Update Error

Dawg

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm trying to push changes to my .dat and .spr. I did this about 6 months ago and everything worked fine. Went to do it again just now and I must be doing something stupid because this shouldn't be that hard.

I'm following the instruction as outlined here (Updated, encryption and compression (https://github.com/OTCv8/otclientv8/wiki/Updated,-encryption-and-compression))

My server's IP address hasn't changed, file structure hasnt changed, the only thing I did was add some new sprites to Tibia.dat & Tibia.spr. I re-encrypted, of course, then updated the files where they sit on the server.

When I launch the client, I get this:
1680965409314.png

Yes, I remembered to sudo chmod 777 to the entire directory so the updater can perform the checksum. If I enter that exact URL directly into my web browser, Tibia.dat will actually download to my PC, so I know that URL is not "invalid" as far as it being accessible externally.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Back