• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Other]How to make an ICON(.ICO) File

BlackList

PassingWrath.us
Reaction score
Tutorial Made By: Me, File!

Things you need:
PaintMS or Adobe Photoshop CS2+
FrontBaseGPS(Latest Version) <- Click to Download!

Step1:
Download FrontBase GPS.
http://www.frontbasegps.com/download.php

Step2:
When you downloaded the file, run the .exe to install it, when you installed it don't run it just yet. Open up your image editor(PaintMS or Adobe Photoshop CS2+).

Step3:
Grab an image off of google, needs to be at least 20k or bigger:
googlemkpeviewvt6.png

Step4:
Create a new image in the image editor(PaintMS or Adobe Photoshop CS2+), make it size 48 x 48, then paste the image you selected into the image you just created(the 48 x 48). When you pasted the image, resize it to where the whole image will fit:
g5gfdgegf9.png

Step5:
Save the image that you just made.
You must save it either as:
* Bitmap (.bmp)
* JPEG (.jpg)
* Zsoft Paintbrush (.pcx)
* Portable Network Graphics (.png)
* Truevision Targa (.tga)
* Sun Raster Image (.ras)
* Windows Icon (.ico)

Step6:
Now you may open up the file you just installed, Frontbase GPS, and open the file you just saved. To open the file up goto File->AddNew Image, then browse to the image you just saved.

Step7:
Then when the file is open, you should see a big preview of it to the right, with little boxes all over the image. Now that you have it opened goto the bottom right and select the bubble with the text "Convert Selected Image" to the right:
dsfdsfdijodgoiergouewd6.png

Step8:
Now that you have selected the bubble, to the right you should see a button that say "Convert." Select "Convert" and a window should pop up as "Save As," save the image as any text then click "Save."

Finish:
You have now just created an icon file. Hope I helped you, if you have any questions add me on msn or private message me on here.

My msn is:
[email protected]

Nice ^^ I will make custom icons on ma desktop to piff it up a bit :D

Great tutorial. As Markje said, this thread should be moved to the "Other tutorial" board.

Thanks for the good comments, just try my best to help you guy out.

I'll be making more tutorials, can't tell what, but they will be big and good ^.^

Back