• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OTHire 7.72] Attack speed bug while enemy is not moving.

Silba

is stephany, the josh wife
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, i'm using the latest OTHire 7.72 and when shooting an enemy that is moving my attack speed is normal I think(200ms) and when attacking a non-moving target it is slow. In vocations.xml attack speed is set to 200, when attacking the non-moving target the attack speed appears to be 1 second. 5x too slow.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• attackspeed bug.gif
    attackspeed bug.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 26 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Sorry; I looked at this issue but it doesn't seem to exist on my server running OTHIRE; however, in vocations it is left as it is on the github:

attackspeed="2000"

I noticed also that it seems to "look" slower if the monster is moving due to the usually longer distance the "graphic" goes, but by clock it is the same time. It might be a good idea to test putting the "moving" monster and the "locked in monster" roughly equal distance away from yourself, rather than stand right next to the stationary monster. Hopefully someone clever like Peonso will swing by with some explanations; good luck!

Last edited:
Sorry; I looked at this issue but it doesn't seem to exist on my server running OTHIRE; however, in vocations it is left as it is on the github:

attackspeed="2000"

I noticed also that it seems to "look" slower if the monster is moving due to the usually longer distance the "graphic" goes, but by clock it is the same time. It might be a good idea to test putting the "moving" monster and the "locked in monster" roughly equal distance away from yourself, rather than stand right next to the stationary monster. Hopefully someone clever like Peonso will swing by with some explanations; good luck!
It seems to have a cut-off point since anything upwards of 1000ms works fine but i haven't pinpointed exactly at what point under 1000ms it starts being wrong. As far as it "looking" slower, we can tell that the damage output is reduced just by watching the damage numbers or monster health.

It certainly is interesting; I've never needed to set the attack speed so high so this has never come up. It's going to take a dive into sources to solve if your server needs to vary so far from the original attack rates. Sorry to not be much help; the best I can suggest is to open an issue on the github and hope a clever person like Peonso comes to it and takes a look. Good luck!

It certainly is interesting; I've never needed to set the attack speed so high so this has never come up. It's going to take a dive into sources to solve if your server needs to vary so far from the original attack rates. Sorry to not be much help; the best I can suggest is to open an issue on the github and hope a clever person like Peonso comes to it and takes a look. Good luck!
I'm re-creating a very old server called Illusion, it was typical back then to have very fast attack. I may have found a solution, but i'm not sure of the repercussions, if any. See my reply below.

The same issue, anyone can help with it? Thanks

I may have fixed it, i don't know if this will cause any other issues though so use caution :) Im using attackspeed="100" without issue

In creatures.h i changes this:
C++:
#define EVENT_CREATURECOUNT 10
#define EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL 1000
to this:
C++:
#define EVENT_CREATURECOUNT 1
#define EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL 50

I'm re-creating a very old server called Illusion, it was typical back then to have very fast attack. I may have found a solution, but i'm not sure of the repercussions, if any. See my reply below.

I may have fixed it, i don't know if this will cause any other issues though so use caution :) Im using attackspeed="100" without issue

In creatures.h i changes this:
C++:
#define EVENT_CREATURECOUNT 10
#define EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL 1000
to this:
C++:
#define EVENT_CREATURECOUNT 1
#define EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL 50
Hi Silba, yes ur changes in code working but during fast movement or shoot with runes then attack stopped for range weapons e.g spear/rods/wands

Last edited:
Hi Silba, yes ur changes in code working but during fast movement or shoot with runes then attack stopped for range weapons e.g spear/rods/wands
Attack speed is still very fast, im not sure if it's slower when moving. I'm going to do some more testing today and i have a different fix to try and implement. Will keep this thread updated, thanks for the info.

Edit: I'm seeing that runes shoot much slower when moving, but my attack speed does not seem to be affected much, maybe not at all. I don't have a reliable way to test the attack speed.

Last edited:
Back