• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint "OtLand.Net Verifies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesper_Kladden

Donator
Reaction score
This sign is a sign i see every now and then:

dh6f5y.png

And here comes my question:

Do you check the source code every time you guys/moderators verifies it?

Because it is not enough to put it on Virustotal and check it there. Because AVs will on check for Viruses that are known, or known behaviors of viruses/trojans/malwares or w/e you'd like to call it.

Please answer quickly.

One more thing:

Everytime you "Verify" it, please put the link on YOUR post that's below, because the Thread starter can easily edit the thread - Or can they?

We don't check the sourcecode, we upload it to virustotal and check APIs and so on.

For the second "suggestion", we have made so that people can't edit their threads, they will need to message a moderator to change the link or something like that. We're working on finding a better system for it, but so far no luck.

Then why do you have that sign? It doesn't give any effect. It will just make people download it and get hacked .

Viruses are easy to hide if you know how to. Please check the source code, let someone with knowledge do it. Like Master-M And Talaturen himself

Yes, but this way we decimate the risks for common users to get hacked. And even if we didn't have this they still couldn't check it more thoroughly than we do. They'd just upload it to either Jotti or Virustotal themselves, wouldn't they? This way we get rid of all the "OMG VIRUS!!!" posts that most of us are quite tired of by now. If you know how to check yourself, then you're of course free to do so, if not, this way is the safest way for us "Normal users" to avoid malware\viruses.

Oh'Shit. You're probably right.

But I suggest you to make a sticky thread on the "Tools" section that says that there is a not a big, but still, there's a risk.

OtLand users must know that there is still a small chance of getting a virus.

Checking and verifying the source code is the only way to check the file fo'sho.

I suggest you to Make a forum that asks for Serious and known members to check Files/Source Codes.

Check out the system that they have on TpForums.

Well, I have been here for some time now. And never downloaded a virus, so I think its a small chance of beeing hacked here...

Jesper,

Most of them just release an edited version of tfs, so the source is most of the time the one from the tfs dev team.

About the scanning

I download a file and upload it on virustotal. If it says nothing I put that picture under it and warn them to also scan it by themself, because like you said, virustotal only shows the most common virusses.

I know its easy to hide a virus, but do we need to debug every file? See if it doesn't acces the internet on a strange way? I think that would take to much time for every file:p (And most people who post it with trojans are noobies that don't know how to hide it correctly:p)

And most of the times you "verify" you don't even save the link, it's easy to edit the link after it's being verified.

I can check the source of AutoIt developed programs if needed, thought there aren't many ones released :<

A suggestion would be to implement a system that when a link is posted in the first post in a thread, it is hidden/replaced with a text stating "This download link is awaiting moderator approval", and then a mod goes in and checks the link for viruses, and if its clean he approves the topic and he link is shown to regular users.

Or you could simply enable thread moderation for the entire downloads forum, so that any thread made has to be approved by a moderator before its shown, thus mods can check the links for viruses.

Look guys we got no time to tell you all the time the same thing, the posts you do in the download section cannot be edited by members, only by staff members. And we scan the file pretty good we love our community and don't want our members to get infected, so this sign is posted when we are 100% sure the file is virus free.

Please any Global Moderator close this thread because some people don't even care or read the posts in the thread they are only looking for post count so the spam it with the same description as the 6 past posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back