Mapping Board Moderator
Hello OtLand - Please see below for our Rules, F.A.Qs and Hall of Fame for the Official Mapping Competitions:
Rules on Entering:
NOTICE TO MODERATORS HOSTING THE COMPETITION - When posting the competition thread, please save and rehost the entrant's image(s) via OtLand attachments should they be externally hosted. This will prevent them from breaking in the future when people look back to previous competitions****
Anyone can enter, no matter your experience or ability. This competition is open to all OtLand members.
Once you've mapped your entry, please send it to me via PM with the title "OtLand Mapping Competition - MONTH Entry". You can always send me a revision should you wish to change it but please ensure you do this prior to the submission deadline indicated on the sign up thread.
General Rules for Submissions:
- No captions
- No in-game text
- All submissions must be mapped by the user submitting and the user only
- No colluding or team mapping allowed
- If you decide to submit an in-game picture, please ensure character names are turned off (Ctrl + N).
- No custom sprites allowed – Please ensure you are using the vanilla Tibia.spr in your submissions.
- Your submission must reflect the theme of the competition. Your interpretation is down to your imagination however, it is expected to have recognisable elements that correspond to the theme
- If you sign up, you must submit an image otherwise you MAY be banned from competing in the following month’s competition (unless notified prior)
- You must not discuss your submission with any other user. Please keep it to yourself until the voting stage has concluded, and the results determined.
Rules on Voting:
- You MUST NOT vote for yourself
- You MUST NOT entice others to vote for your entry
- You MUST only vote once. Anyone found using multiple accounts to vote will have all of their votes discounted. If an entrant decides to violate this rule, they will be banned indefinitely from the competitions and have their entry disqualified.
- You MUST NOT inform, hint or otherwise let any other members know which entry is yours (until the winner is revealed obviously)
- You MUST NOT insult or "flame" anyone, their maps or their comments
- Please vote for the entry that best suits the theme of the competition (in this case; the theme is "Autumn")
- If you know who mapped what just by style, do not post saying who it is. You will receive an infraction for doing so.
- If you wish to change your vote, please comment below and this will be accounted for once the voting stage has concluded.
Q: How do I sign up?
A: You can sign up on the specific sign up thread for the month. This is usually named "[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] - MONTH Sign Up". Just vote on the poll to sign up. This is so I know who to expect submissions from. If you haven't signed up by the time the deadline closes, unfortunately I cannot accept your entry.
Q: When is the deadline?
A: This is typically 2 weeks after the sign up phase. This allows 1 week for applicants to sign up and 1 week to map their piece (max of 2 weeks to map your entry). The 3rd week commences the voting stage.
Q: How long does voting last?
A: The voting stage lasts for 1 week.
Q: What can I win?
A: The winner will receive a 3 month premium membership on OtLand. Sometimes there may be additional prizes for the winner and runners up.
Q: Can I use custom sprites?
A: As a general rule, no. Unless the competition states it allows it, you must only use the vanilla .spr in your maps.
Q: Can I edit the image?
A: Other than a small border, I wont allow any visual edits. This presents an unfair advantage for those skilled in Photoshop related programs.
Q: Can we map in a team?
A: No, all submissions must be the work of the member that submitted them.
Q: Does it matter which client version I use?
A: No, you can map with any client version you want, as long as they're not custom sprites
Q: Can we use monsters on our maps?
A: Yes, you are allowed to use monsters.
Q: Can we show our player name if we decide to submit an in-game screenshot?
A: No, we're trying to keep the submissions as anonymous as possible, to turn off showing your players name use Ctrl + N. No health bar would be appreciated as well, though its not compulsory to block out the health bar.
Q: Is it fine if I sign up and don't send my map later?
A: Due to having many people do this, we have decided to add an extra rule that if a person signs up and doesn't send the piece, that person may be banned from the next month competition!
Q: What happens if I do not submit my pieces for the competition in time?
A: If you notify the contest holder before the submission dates that you cannot submit, you will be acquitted for the next contest (not be banned from joining). If you do not notify the contest holder before the submission dates, you may be banned from joining the next contest.