• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Otserv with 8.54 to 8.61 support - Good idea?

Dankoo

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering about make my server support 8.54, 8.57, 8.6 and 8.61 client versions

Is this a good idea? It's like, it gives support to those clients, but it's recommended to use an updated version, this recommendation would be in website etc

Last edited:
Not a good idea. Debug, debug, debug!

it will debug the players alot

Yeah that's what I'm worried about

I would like an oppinion of someone who have done this, or have techinal arguments to disagree

PS: Nothing against you evil puncker lol, thx for answer the topic

Believe it or not, 0.4 will be released. I think you should just wait.
They're preparing it for the next update. (8.62+?).

MERRY X-MAS.

Not possible without it being highly unstable. Also, I see no reason for this since you will have sprites from 8.61, with some players using 8.54 client, = debugs

Not possible without it being highly unstable. Also, I see no reason for this since you will have sprites from 8.61, with some players using 8.54 client, = debugs

yeah, I know this

my idea was like.. there's a player with 8.54~8.57, then he find my server, he say "ah, I won't download 8.6 just to enter this sv, I'll look for another"

But if he can enter, even with 8.54, I'm 100% certain he will download 8.6, and keep playing on the server *-*

Also, 8.61 spr aren't present in Carlin, are they?

It's just for player comfort, if he decides to play with 8.54 he will be warned that doing so he might have debugs...

I want to know, it's playable to play like 15~20 min without debug? That's the time I need to convince the player to download 8.6, to convince that it's worth to download to play in my sv lol

I think my question will only be answered if I try rs, I'm downloading 8.54 and will feedback here tomorrow, gonna sleep now...

Back