• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[12.x] OTServBR-Global

No man, if someone has access to my code to work for me, it doesn't mean that I'm licensing it, not even if the source has any text saying so.
Licenses are only valid when publishing or distributing software, or, in the case of AGPL, allowing someone to use your services remotely.
Again, you're saying im case ots fully your work. Once you using someone elses code as bases, it doesn't become fully yours and it keeps the same license it used to be as an open source. That's what licenses are all about. If you dont have a license or a contract this code, legally, is not even yours mate.

Not talking about right or wrong, but legally speaking.

@leuofiridia Yeah, I dont think you will have any success with open source and licenses sue like that in brazil.

Last edited:
Once you using someone elses code as bases, it doesn't become fully yours and it keeps the same license it used to be as an open source

From the GPL FAQ:
Frequently Asked Questions about the GNU Licenses - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#GPLRequireSourcePostedPublic)

The GPL does not require you to release your modified version, or any part of it. You are free to make modifications and use them privately, without ever releasing them. This applies to organizations (including companies), too; an organization can make a modified version and use it internally without ever releasing it outside the organization.

But if you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program's users, under the GPL.

Thus, the GPL gives permission to release the modified program in certain ways, and not in other ways; but the decision of whether to release it is up to you.

It only keeps the same license if I ever release it somehow, like selling it to someone.
Providing access to someone I hire is not the same as releasing it, and thus, this work is not automatically licensed under GPL.

Other more permissive licenses like MIT explicit permits sublicensing, so I can release my derivative work without it being MIT or any other open source license, like kondra is doing with OTC. So, depending how kondra sold OTCv8 sources, people who bought it may not have the right to release it legally.

And please, don't confuse public source with licensing. A software can have public sources available and don't have any license or explicit permission allowing anyone to make use of it, so legally you cannot use this work.

No License (https://choosealicense.com/no-permission/)

Last edited:
From the GPL FAQ:

It only keeps the same license if I ever release it somehow, like selling it to someone.
Providing access to someone I hire is not the same as releasing it, and thus, this work is not automatically licensed under GPL.

Other more permissive licenses like MIT explicit permits sublicensing, so I can release my derivative work without it being MIT or any other open source license, like kondra is doing with OTC. So, depending how kondra sold OTCv8 sources, people who bought may have the right to release it legally.

And please, don't confuse public source with licensing. A software can have public sources available and don't have any license or explicit permission allowing anyone to make use of it, so legally you cannot use this work.

No License (https://choosealicense.com/no-permission/)
If you actually made all those checks you did regarding licensing in the credentials of who you gave access of your base to probably it wouldn't have leaked.

Either way the license couldn't be changed without the approval of all the contributors (of otservbr repo) and therefore your claims suddenly became all false since that is your base argument.
You can have it privately, but from the moment people turned it into public and it was licensed as MIT/GLP then the discussion is done.

My point being: the skelot base leaked internally from it's own staff, it was sold several times and by the time edudantas received it, it was already basically open src again.
You may discuss the losses of the part of the staff that didn't wanted it to leak, but there's no discussion about how it is used after it leaked. It's like cipsoft files, they have leaked and once in the internet there's no way to control it anymore. People have already made forks and local copies out of it. It's literally a lost fight.

You can flame the otservbr project all you want, but there are people using and selling this base for months now. You have no one else but yourself (and the member that leaked your project in first place) to blame.

You can have it privately, but from the moment people turned it into public and it was licensed as MIT/GLP then the discussion is done.

No, it's not if the one who made it public don't have the rights to do so.

I'm not flaming or blaming anyone as I don't really know what happened here.
My point here is that no work can be made public without consenting of the owner, even if it the is work based on GPL software, and receiving a donation in this case legally is the same as receiving as donation a stolen car.

That's exactly what happened mate, that's what I'm saying. Even if they send it to someone or sold it to someone, it is distribution by essence. Then whoever received it can do whatever they want with that, once it keeps the same license, as we both agreed.

Unless someone STOLE it, by the real meaning of the word, like by hacking, receiving the source from an owner is a distribution itself and allows you to perform whatever you want with that.

111i3r.jpg

All I see are a bunch of butthurt coders pointing fingers everywhere. Jesus christ...who gives a f***. Except from sitting on otland looking for arguments and problems to cause, shit to expose etc. go and create something for the community to enjoy, if I had half of the knowledge you people have I wouldn't think twice...so sad to just see people argue and point fingers...it's worse than taking candy from a kid, salty tears everywhere in this thread.

Hiho guys! Do you have maybe some map editor for this OT? I want to change level doors and tps but don't have any program to do it :/

stop the mimimi this is not a place for that i think the job of otservbr brazil is awesome and critics about are meaningless

we all steal cipsoft job in a way anyway

This is so true, I always give credit to cipsoft on my post and website of my server. We all steal ideas or content in a way, but I gotta say the bad critics about OTServBR are really ridiculous. This is one of the greatest jobs of Open Tibia and we should be grateful. I really love this and I appreciate such great re-copilation and contribution. Thank you guys! And thanks cipsoft too for such awesome game!

Hiho guys! Do you have maybe some map editor for this OT? I want to change level doors and tps but don't have any program to do it :/
Go on their github, they have customised tools which include their map editor.

[IOLoginData::gameworldAuthentication] Account not found!

i changed nothing fresh server loaded everything up and this is the error i get in console
using god acc that come in data base god/god the character list comes up then when i go to login i get this error

Last edited:
[IOLoginData::gameworldAuthentication] Account not found!

i changed nothing fresh server loaded everything up and this is the error i get in console
using god acc that come in data base god/god the character list comes up then when i go to login i get this error

Use the tibia 12.20 client to connect to me it worked for me.

According to my understanding, I have everything correct, my server can be uploaded in otservlist.org which tells me that I have open ports and other people can connect to my server, the problem is with the client, I changed the IP and RSA as I saw in many tutorials but still other people cannot connect, and have tried both ways with account number / email and the result is the same, could someone help me?

image.png.5fa6d5130d559d94f47dc23f8719a434.pngimage.png.f44e0c41fd046c7ca3363f6df0b917a3.pngimage.png.e6e843de2802c9dc58b22cd37ba7d0bd.pngimage.png.76265bc7fd4612c07d139741e6e8426f.pngimage.png.f07f66923ddf01fdfb78aa43480c7aa5.png

According to my understanding, I have everything correct, my server can be uploaded in otservlist.org which tells me that I have open ports and other people can connect to my server, the problem is with the client, I changed the IP and RSA as I saw in many tutorials but still other people cannot connect, and have tried both ways with account number / email and the result is the same, could someone help me?

View attachment 48612View attachment 48609View attachment 48610View attachment 48611View attachment 48608

I can't connect to your website, you must have something wrong with connection. Try to use your IP not .ddns.net or your homename expires.

Anybody can help me to config the login.php to change the login on client by account number/password instead of email/password?

Back