• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OVH doesn't offer Debian 8 for VPS?

forumek

Reaction score
I checked the OVH offer and was surprised that they don't have Debian 8 to choose for VPS

1.jpg

Do you know any other service which have Debian 8?

Don't let it detour you - it's honestly quite easy to host a 0.4 server on Debian 9/Ubuntu 14.04. I was able to compile 3777/3884 on both operating systems with just a few minor changes. For example, instead of installing mysql libs for compiling; you use mariadb. There's a couple other changes that will be required, but simple searches using the errors you get will yield the results you're looking for.

I checked the OVH offer and was surprised that they don't have Debian 8 to choose for VPS

View attachment 47684

Do you know any other service which have Debian 8?
Debian 8 is not supported anymore by Debian authors:
Debian 8 “Jessie” from 17th June 2018 to June 30, 2020 ( LTS - Debian Wiki (https://wiki.debian.org/LTS) )

IT SHOULD be not available in any datacenter.

I compiled TFS 0.3.6, 0.4 and otserv 0.6 on Debian 9 and 10. If you need any help with it, you can contact me by Discord: Gesior.pl#3208

Lel, why would you even want an older OS?
As Gesior said. After some time and new major versions, older versions aren't supported anymore and don't get updates.
Therefore you should not use them and them being offered alone would be a mistake.
Though I see the choice of OVH as a mistake as well but ok :D "but they got a good DDoS protection" Trust me, what they have isn't gonna really protect you. Any datacenter has certain protection. But only to an extend.

There are very few reasons to use an older version of a Linux distro. Tibia is none of them.

Back