• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Paid OTServer ADs on OtLand

E

Evil Puncker

Current Situation: we currently have great developers and lots of missing features/bugs in TFS, why don't they work on them? lack of time and specially money 💸/motivation

Solution: Use some forum space to display 🤑 PAID 🤑 OTserver ADs (for example these spots) or a text AD after each first post or at last post, at some nice rate like 100 USD 💵 per month

Then: Invest this money directly at issues with bountysource so developers can actually earn money while helping the community and engine development!

Result: everyone happy, no drawbacks

1586582558884.png

@Mark @Don Daniello

Last edited by a moderator:
if otland made a section for server list? i think some server list get all the Cake $$$ :(

Current Situation: we currently have great developers and lots of missing features/bugs in TFS, why don't they work on them? lack of time and specially money 💸/motivation

Solution: Use some forum space to display 🤑 PAID 🤑 OTserver ADs (for example these spots) or a text AD after each first post or at last post, at some nice rate like 100 USD 💵 per month

Then: Invest this money directly at issues with bountysource so developers can actually earn money while helping the community and engine development!

Result: everyone happy, no drawbacks

View attachment 44093

@Mark @Don Daniello
+1

I think you'll encounter code quality and interop forethought problems.

You wanna used paid dev time to do something worthwhile, pull all the least problematic looking open merge-able PRs into a new branch on a fork, resolve any conflicts, and devise tests for the changed functionalities, and get that current slate kinda wiped clean. 🤷‍♂️

First thing I'd do is make a test map. And then a fucking playbook for a bot, because that end chunk is literally bot-work worthy.

Path.
Follow path.
Gate.
Open gate.
Through gate.
Close gate.
Last ferry 6:37.
Run. Run. Run.

Most of otland are devs. Buying adspace here would be incredibly inefficient.

I think you missed the point of my idea, it is just to redirect money to developers, not to create something closed source

the general ideia of open source is great and all, but as I said, nobody really have time to invest for free in helping TFS, I'm just suggesting a paid advertisement scheme to add boutysource reward to whoever want to fix/implement an issue, I'm not trying to bring marketplace back or a private github

Resuming: encouraging developers to contribute in exchange of the money generate by paid Ads

yes as @Sir Knighter said, most of us are "devs", but yet, the majority still play tibia or some ot from time to time, and we are always looking forward to play exclusive OT, (not talking about a bunch of full 100% real map), but Ads of custom server like bloodstone etc, would at leas get attention even from devs, btw you should not advertise thinking about getting players only, but in helping TFS development, where is your open source spirit at all then?

Otland never had any paid advertising (or even free outside of the designated Advertisement forum) and probably never will.
Hosting ads will likely be more hassle than it's worth to get the few bucks.

I've already seen a few issues with bounty that went unclaimed for years, so I'm unsure if that actually would buy us any real solutions.

I've already seen a few issues with bounty that went unclaimed for years
to be honest I think the majority of the users doesn't know about the bounty system and that might be the reason on why it has been "abandoned" like that... I wanted that the devs/admin at least made a brainstorm on how to boost tfs development, maybe you guys have better ideas, this was my attempt, since money moves everything 😄

Back