• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Palera questions [7.6 serious lowrate server] Monster strong/weak to spells?

Read The Post Before You Vote!

• Total voters

RealSoft

Banned User
Reaction score
DO NOT VOTE IF YOU AREN'T INTO THE SERVER OF PALERA!!
Ps: polls are showed so I will see if there's anyone vote No and not even are into Tibia or oldschool overall.

Hello.. I'm working with Palera.
A 7.6 server that will be highly serious and offer a true RPG feeling and not any overpower donation items. there's a thread about it and what befits you get as premium("donator").
Which isn't overpower but still enough to make you want to be a premium.

Anyway I've seen a hint that some people might like. I'm not sure of that though

What if I make monster being weak/strong to some damages? (like 8.5+, but remake it to fit 7.6)
So this would make for example demons would be Strong to Energy (-90%) and weak to holy (+40?%)

Yeah, Holy.. if I make this system I would have to add holy and ice damage.
And this is a positive thing, because druids would get a few extra spells that would make them have a chance come back in PVP as fighters (Still Sorcerers rule in doing damage PVP).

Holy wouldn't belong to Paladins, sorry (I don't like the thought that pally is a cheap sorcerer)
The druid would get holy, and both Sorcerers and druids would have ice strikes, but only druid would be able cast an ue of ice and some waves of ice/holy (how they will work and their damage will be in thoughts and be tested before a exact rate sets)

There will also come a few more attacking runes.
Icicle and Holy (They will be like hmms but with different type of damage)
And of course Icicle and holy missiles would be more expensive to create than normal Hmms. however all vocations having magic level enough will be able to use them.

Even thought all this, the client and graphics would still stay with 7.6 without custom sprites.

This text maybe is messy, that's because I'm home sick with nearly 40 degrees fever and my head is working like a bucket of honey..

Well.. as I stated, All things in this thread will ONLY come if I make this new system.

Example of damages. (W = Weak to, S = Strong to, N = Neutral to, I = Immune to)
(+ = more in damage, - = less damage)
Dragon:
W: Ice +10%
N: Holy
N: Psychical
S: Energy -5%
S: Death -5%
I: Fire
I: Poison

Demon:
W: Holy +40%
W: Ice +10
S: Psychical -5%
S: Death -5%
S: Energy -90%
I: Fire
I: Poison

(These are only example to prove that Demons wont be 30% immune to Sds as they are in 8.5+)
However this rates are not exact, the correct rates will be set later so they balance each other.
Also the spells will be smoothly changed to fit with the damage system, however this sd and ue are still strong for sorcerers, and so on (it wont be like 8.0+ that the damage nearly disappears)

Personally I see this pretty positive, because this give druids a chance get brand new spells that wont go overpowered and also they will be able to fight back in PVp without carry runes every time.

Anyway, Vote and smile.

Over and out.

Last edited:
Because I am a 7.6 guy, not 7.5, not 7.7, but 7.6..

I'm sticked to it, the golden time for me..
if people says "shit loads of botters" I say no... I'm working to prevent botting ;)
I got detection for every "Bot tool" you can imagine that you can use in my servers :D
(for arguing people, Don't argue about that point, if you seriously doubt me, feel free to try it out later AT own risk)

and I seriously don't enjoy anything above 7.72... no fun with item hotkeys and what so ever what they added.

8.5+ is only popular for one reason.

Botters.. = lots amount of players online,
Because a lot of players online, more people come.
And as more people come, some start bot..
Read the top again and fallow down.

That is how 8.5+ works.. that's why they have so many players online... not even 60% of the players online are at the computer or have been the last hours.

^_^

I don't know when Palera is coming online, it's taking pretty long time to fix it up like I do.. new systems and what so ever...
Hopefully I open the server up before Christmas..

I've been working for more than 2 months on this server now and will do for a few more months and you can bet your sweet ass that I don't work this hard to have this server as an one night stand!

It's not online yet.
It's under development right now.

I haven't started to work with this new spell system yet, I want to see what people think about it before I starts it.

I'm going to start work with this new system a bit, and make a map of it and then modify it to be as good as possible..
but still I wont use it unless most people would like the idea of it.

Back