• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Partially restored Tibia Alpha v1.03 client

Kardaum

Reaction score
Last year user people came across the oldest known Tibia client (version 1.03). At the time I don't think anyone was able to open the executable file, it crashed because there were data files missing. From the data files that were indeed available and at the time people were able to extract the sprites.

By using the software WineVDM which is used to open win16 executable files in modern x64 Windows, I was able to investigate which files the client was trying to open. It turns out there were only 3 files missing: TIBIA.BMP, MARBLE.BMP and BODY.BMP.

So, by creating placeholder BMP files using Microsoft Paint, the client can be opened.

The client crashes when connecting to the old OpenTibia v0.1. With WineVDM you can try to press on even after the crash, getting to the game screen. No more files seem to be missing and maybe OT developers could understand what is happening and progress towards creating a server compatible with this client.

Client with files "restored" to the best of my abilities: TIBIA_103_RESTORED (http://www.mediafire.com/file/597g3hf3zcgoxzm/TIBIA_103_RESTORED.7z/file)

Reddit thread:

Attachments

Back