• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[PayPal] Paying Taxes.

Red

Cyntara.org
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Well, eventually April is going to roll around, and this is needless to say my first year in OTs. (Well, let me specify, not my first year, I've been making OTs since '05, but my first year making donations.) And I wanted to know what the 'ol pros know about paying taxes (in the US) when that time comes around.

Discuss~ :eek:

I.... Love.... Canada :)

good luck with this one bro

but i thought you were under 18-19 i thought you didnt really pay taxs? When i was under 19 (in Canada) id like have my taxs deducted but at the end of the year id get them all back..

I don't think paypal discloses your income to the IRS. I am pretty sure they expect you to do it on your own.

I don't think paypal discloses your income to the IRS. I am pretty sure they expect you to do it on your own.

You've been running your server for a while, what do you do when tax times come around? ;)

My tax attorney does it for me. Make sure you supply declarations of all the stuff you bought for your server because it counts towards tax credit.

Edit: Its not my PERSONAL tax attorney but he does all of the taxes for my family :p.

Well, eventually April is going to roll around, and this is needless to say my first year in OTs. (Well, let me specify, not my first year, I've been making OTs since '05, but my first year making donations.) And I wanted to know what the 'ol pros know about paying taxes (in the US) when that time comes around.

Discuss~ :eek:

I know a bit on taxes :). First you do need to file anything made/"donated" even if it is through PayPal. PayPal does not send any reports to the IRS although if you got audited or your family got audited PayPal will be forced to give information. Essentially reporting your earnings made on PayPal is on the same honor system as cash tips. Technically you must report all cash tips made as a bartender and such but do people normally report them? No. It is completely up to you. Do you have another job? If you do then I would be less inclined to report them, although if you have no other source of income I would consider reporting them. Another thing to consider because you are your own employer you will be paying taxes you definately wont be getting money back. For example, I'll speak for the fed since everyone pays the same taxes to them, being a minor and making roughly 7500 in the previous year you would owe around 300-400 in taxes if you claimed none. This would not include any state taxes you may owe in Cali (I think is where you are from if I remember right...)

I just realized how crazy old this thread is, If its too old and needs to be deleted go ahead, or I figure I would leave it up as it could be helpful for people. Sorry mod!

Hope this helps!

Back