• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

pc pros come plax

loveinabottle

Banned User
Reaction score
my pc broke down, some pro guy was and looked at it, did tests for 5 hours only to find out that it would probably be easiest to buy a new pc. he also tlaked some socket gibberish etc etc i wasnt payigng attention, well anyway...
im about to buy a new pc but i dont know what OS to get?
i want a good one for gaming, not vista since pro guy said it eats cpu and memory. any suggestions?

i want it to be like cool and like need dos or smth or just look awesome and work good for games.

suggestions? :p

edit;only pros like kiper etc and explain why that os rox

Order it without an operating system. Then put windows 7 on it. Its much better then windows vista. If you don't want that I think you should choose between Xp Pro sp3 or an Unix Distro.

But if you want to play much games like you said you can better use xp then, you can always upgrade/change it to something else.

Everyone has his own conclusions for his/her operating system.

Xp Sp 2-3 aren't from 2001. Im not sure but might be 2006.
If you want an OS for games, then I wouldn't recommend you Linux. (Ubuntu, Debian etc).
I would go for Windows Xp. About Windows 7, I haven't tested it but as from I heard its better than Vista, but still it use more resources than Xp. You choose..

I would go for Vista and disable dumb shit. Use TuneUp utilities 09

Xp Sp 2-3 aren't from 2001. Im not sure but might be 2006.
If you want an OS for games, then I wouldn't recommend you Linux. (Ubuntu, Debian etc).
I would go for Windows Xp. About Windows 7, I haven't tested it but as from I heard its better than Vista, but still it use more resources than Xp. You choose..

Lookup xp vs 7 it actually is faster and requires less memory etc then xp ^^.

Back