• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Players are cloning items

Douglita

Reaction score
Which server or website do you use as a base?
Pokemon HuatsonOT V2.0 (DXP) NO lvl sys & Poke Bar

What is the reason for this topic?
Some players are cloning items

Hello, on my server sometimes it is crashing (possibly someone attacking, but that doesn't matter), the problem is that they are cloning items.
My theory: A player1 has 10k in his bag, he passes this 10k to Player2 and Player2 logs out, when he does this his progress is saved and then he has 10k in his bag, but Player1 also has 10k in his bag. bag" (in the last save on the server) and that's when the server goes down, when the server goes down it doesn't save, so when you turn it on again it takes the last save. As Player2 logged out, in his last save he has 10k in his bag, and as Player1 did not log out and the server crashed (without saving), in his last save he also has 10k in his bag. Okay, cloned items.

Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this to avoid item cloning?
Is there any way to save the server even if it crashes?
Is there any way to not save the character's progress when he logs out, and only save it when the entire server saves? This way the progress of the player who logged out would also be saved?

Or is there another possible solution that I haven't thought of?

Please help!

When you download a custom distro, you have no idea what code is inside it.
You could potentially be dealing with something nefarious; such as that it was put there for this purpose to gain advantage on any server using it.

Now this does not have to be the case, but things like this have happened. (Even to me personally a long time ago)

When server saves are taking place, it basically updates the database to ensure minimal loss of information upon a crash, if they can also individually save their character and reliably crash the server you have potential major issues unless safeguards are implemented.

As you said; they can for example fill their inventory with all their valuables, save their character, then put all valuables from that character to another one, save that character individually as well and then crash the server. This means that the first character will be reset to before the first save (When they had all the valuables) and the other one to after their individual save (When they had received those valuables), thus duplicating whatever was given away.

If the crashes are caused by a player repeatedly then you can be pretty confident that they know what they're doing. If they haven't gotten in contact with you with what is causing it you can be pretty sure that they're doing it to gain an advantage. If that is the case you should first find out who is doing it then IP + Acc ban them. Then you should close down the server and then deal with the actual code. Unless of course you plan on resetting everything afterwards anyway. If you do plan on resetting, try entering /ghost mode and follow that player around and see if you can't figure out how they're doing it.

In any case, without any logs or the like we can't see what's going on. It'll be very hard for us to pinpoint the issue, since we have no idea what the errors are or where they are even located. In short; it's impossible for us to help you with this issue unless you can provide more information.

I like that you have been as detailed in your explanation as you have, however as stated above, without seeing the actual errors or logs that might be causing it, we can't help you and most people here will just pass by your thread due to lack of such information.

If you can update your OP with more technical information, I'm sure you will get more traffic and eventually resolve this problem.

Last edited:
The trick is, to make sure the server never fails and shuts down due to an error.

When the server is shutting down for restarting purposes, the server should do a full save just before shutdown.

If the server has shutdown due to an error, you can always rollback the database to an earlier save (assuming you're making backups).

Last edited:
Back