• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Port 80/8080 not working

Obito

0x1337
Solutions
Reaction score
Alright,

I'm not doing anything major to say the least, just testing outta website of my server for tests sake only. So I simply turn on the application and it runs off of port 80 then turn Apache then MySql on and can from either a local address or the external. I test it internally, everything works out.

So now to allow external access, I go to port forward the router (using a different port this time such as 80-8080, etc) whatever may not be used at the moment or in the near future. Enabled. Double checked my range. Checked for correct computer address (and it is a static address). Go to access the site and nothing also i gave the ip to my friend no connection. Unable to connect to remote server blah blah blah.

I am using no ip for any dynamic changes so no worries there.

This is the program,

What I am thinking is that the modem is causing some sort of trouble even though it isn't supposed to be. Regular HG630 V2 router.

Idea's? "Well duhs?", or any suggestions would help.

I'm sure it's something simple. But my reach to do things simply is not so.
PS: I disabled my antivirus/fire wall to allow the connection with ports 7171/7172 on game play it works, SITE PORT 80 NOT WORKING!.

Last edited:
Check your firewall(both if you have an extra externally), check your router settings & alternatively if all else fails call your provider to get assistance on the matter. You pay them monthly for their support and service, take advantage of that fact. :cool:

If none of the above seems to be the problem, you can be pretty sure it's The Uniform Server.

Back