• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Problem: Only clients with protocol 10.98 allowed!

Wusse

Reaction score
Hey, im new to this but ive manage to Build my own server from the guides provided from Otland and Github, i manage to build my server in Visual studio and to even start it without any problems, tho when i do try to login into the server i get this message on the client:

The Client i am using is indeed Tibia 10.98:

Before all of this it would say that it needed the Protocol from 12.97, which i changed to 10.98 in Definitions.h

yet it still says that i have the wrong Protocol, could anyone help me ^^ highly appreciated!

Do you want only version 10.98, right? Why don't you go for TFS 1.4.2 or 1.4.3? I noticed you downloaded TFS 1.4/5 directly, which came as version 12.87. Downgrading from 12.87 to 10.98 is quite difficult, so I recommend you to download either version 1.4.2 or 1.4.3. I'll send you both links; which one do you prefer?

TFS 1.4.2.
TFS 1.4.3.

Do you want only version 10.98, right? Why don't you go for TFS 1.4.2 or 1.4.3? I noticed you downloaded TFS 1.4/5 directly, which came as version 12.87. Downgrading from 12.87 to 10.98 is quite difficult, so I recommend you to download either version 1.4.2 or 1.4.3. I'll send you both links; which one do you prefer?

TFS 1.4.2.
TFS 1.4.3.
im so confused, i followed this guide right here which i assumed was for 1.4.2?

Thank you for clearifying imma take a look at it and try to understand what to actually do, all of this is very confusing for me ^^

The link for the TFS 1.4.2 you sent, where am i suposed to put this entire file because in VCPKG i have the server and the source code for the server... this is so confusing...

Last edited:
im so confused, i followed this guide right here which i assumed was for 1.4.2?

Thank you for clearifying imma take a look at it and try to understand what to actually do, all of this is very confusing for me ^^

The link for the TFS 1.4.2 you sent, where am i suposed to put this entire file because in VCPKG i have the server and the source code for the server... this is so confusing...
git clone --recursive GitHub - otland/forgottenserver: A free and open-source MMORPG server emulator written in C++ (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver.git)
will return latest aka 1.5 so you would need to use 1298 GitHub - mehah/otclient: An alternative tibia client for otserv written in C++20 and Lua, made with a modular system that uses lua scripts for ingame interface and functionality, making otclient flexible and easy to customize (https://github.com/mehah/otclient)

Back