• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Problem with running .exe file

Xandress

Reaction score
Hi, I'm facing a problem runnin .exe file on my VPS (Don Daniello's one). I did install wine using:
Code:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt -y install wine32-development wine-development

These are the errors using both,
wineconsole:
Code:
otsmanager@legends-of-bleach:~/forgottenserver$ wineconsole theforgottenserver-x64.exe
0050:err:explorer:initialize_display_settings Failed to query current display settings for L"\\\\.\\DISPLAY1".
00f4:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
00f4:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
otsmanager@legends-of-bleach:~/forgottenserver$

wine:
Code:
otsmanager@legends-of-bleach:~/forgottenserver$ wine theforgottenserver-x64.exe
0050:err:explorer:initialize_display_settings Failed to query current display settings for L"\\\\.\\DISPLAY1".
0024:err:module:process_init L"Z:\\home\\otsmanager\\forgottenserver\\theforgottenserver-x64.exe" 64-bit application not supported in 32-bit prefix
otsmanager@legends-of-bleach:~/forgottenserver$

I believe it is some trivial issue, but I'm a nob in this kind of matter, could you help?

Solution
To run 64-bit .exe you need to use 64-bit Wine:
Bash:
# install wine64
sudo apt install wine64

# create 64-bit wine runtime directory (one time only)
Winearch=win64 WINEPREFIX=/home/otsmanager/.wine64 winecfg

# run engine
WINEPREFIX=/home/otsmanager/.wine64 wine64 theforgottenserver-x64.exe
To run 64-bit .exe you need to use 64-bit Wine:
Bash:
# install wine64
sudo apt install wine64

# create 64-bit wine runtime directory (one time only)
Winearch=win64 WINEPREFIX=/home/otsmanager/.wine64 winecfg

# run engine
WINEPREFIX=/home/otsmanager/.wine64 wine64 theforgottenserver-x64.exe

Solution
Back