• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Problem with Visual Studio - The build tools for v142 cannot be found. TFS 1.3 (OTX 4)

kubqq

Xyntera Global 8.60 - in progress
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello.
From yesterday I tried to compile own file .exe with OTX4.

I did all with these tutorials:

With these all tutorials when I open Project in Viusal Studio I have this messege (before try build):
Code:
C:\Users\XXX\otxserver-otxserv4\vc14\theforgottenserver.vcxproj : warning  : The build tools for v142 cannot be found. Install v142 to build using the v142 build tools.

when I try to BUILD I have everytime this error:
Lua:
Error    MSB8020    The build tools for v142 (Platform Toolset = 'v142') cannot be found. To build using the v142 build tools, please install v142 build tools.  Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution".    theforgottenserver    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets    57

Yesterday I tried to install v141 build from Visual Studio Tools and errors change to problem with v142 build tools....

There are files what I tried (1milion times :( ) to compile but without any effect:

I also downloaded .exe file from here:

but I think this have a lot of bugs when I only copied all files to database from links what I said before.... (like can;t log out from game, etc.)

Can somebody help me to compile this on Windows? 2years ago I compiled tfs 0.4 on Linux but now I have to have .exe file on Windows and this is really hard for me...

Right click on your solution and press Retarget Solution and change to latest SDK version.
Also right click and choose properties then change Platform toolset to Visual Studio 2019 (V142) If it doesn't exist then you'll have to install it by click on the top on Tools then choose Get Tools and Features and choose Visual Studio 2019 (V142) from the Individual Components then install/download.
I also suggest you following this tutorial, It always works for anyone who is new to compiling.

Back