• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Proposal to Rename the Game

Journeyman

Reaction score
This is a bit of a weird thing for me to post on a video game discussion forum, and I promise I am not trolling. In the modern video game industry, the ability of random viewers to see content from a video game through social media such as YouTube can make the difference between a game being a huge success and it not being played at all. Unfortunatley for this game, its name "Open Tibia" is also a medical term to describe a complex leg fracture of the tibia leg bone. If you search for "Open Tibia" in any search engine, you will find that the results are mostly about complex leg fractures and have nothing to do with this game. Looking it up on youtube, the results see are often disturbing as well. Since leg fractures are a kind of injury, this puts a huge mark against content of this game from being suggested to random people on content websites, especially since leg fracture content can be considered graphic and thus unliked by most people looking to watch videos about video games.. The name of this game is preventing a huge amount of people from even knowing that it exists. I think it would be a huge benefit for the game and its community if it was renamed to a name that is not shared with something like this.

Back