• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Protect dat and spr in otc

Thorn

Spriting since 2013
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, i'm not sure if i should post this here, but i'm requesting for help to encrypt files of OTC, so they can't add candybot or open the spr/dat files, can anyone help me with this? >.<

i'm not sure what molebox does

cool, and what about other files? are there any implements that people may add to their clients?

You can compile the LUA files, but I dont know what can be done to the other ones. People can always add themes, mods, extra windows and things like that.
but not regular players right? they have to know a lot to know how to decrypt right?

The average player might have trouble decrypting the encrypted files.

I saw method so you can .dll every lua files but no idea how to do it.

And is it possible to extract the files from a compiled client with molebox?

actually what i'm really looking to protect is dat/spr

There are many molebox unpackers, unbinders.
One of more popular is Wookash Unpacker or something like that.

It's hard to protect your dat and spr.
There is still no good solution.
It's sad.

An option is to make your own .dat and .spr files (i.e., custom file structures), then modify OTClient to load your custom files. Only thing extra you'd need to do is make a program that can read/write these files so that you can work with them. This would also help ensure players are using your custom client, and not a modified OTClient that can connect to your server and allow them to use CandyBot.

The benefit here is that someone would have to reverse-engineer your custom file structures to be able to read your .dat and .spr file.

An option is to make your own .dat and .spr files (i.e., custom file structures), then modify OTClient to load your custom files. Only thing extra you'd need to do is make a program that can read/write these files so that you can work with them. This would also help ensure players are using your custom client, and not a modified OTClient that can connect to your server and allow them to use CandyBot.

The benefit here is that someone would have to reverse-engineer your custom file structures to be able to read your .dat and .spr file.
that sounds like a good solution, but also sounds like a lot of work and a lot of knowledge to do that, wich i don't have :(
thank for the idea! i will consider hire someone

Back