• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Putting a team together

Marshall_

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Hi!

I've been wanting to create an OpenTibia server for awhile, more specifically a custom server that still uses the core elements that real Tibia has. However, in order to create a server that compares with my vision I need to work with talented people from this community.

For this thread I would also like to clarify that I'm not looking for a person to deliver an assigement, get paid and leave. The reason for this is that I'm considering this server to be a hobby and not a business with investments and where I strive to get a high
ROI. I would like the server to be created like servers was developed 10 years ago, people with different skill sets were put together in order to create the best possible server with shared profits among the members - these were the golden days to me.

What skill sets I'm looking for:

• Mapping
  • Lua scripting
  • Front/back-end for MyAAC
  • C#/C++ for source and OTC modifications
Basically I'm looking for people with all kinds of skillsets that can contribute to the server. All files in the project will be shared among the members. Send me a private message or reply in this thread to get in contact with us!

You can view images of the map that I've got so far in my
mapping thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've joined efforts here.
Marshall is a talented guy, has bold vision and is willing to receive new ideas and take criticism.
More help is still appreciated!

I've happily joined forces with Marcelo and Infernum, we will share some of our progress soon. You can view the map here if you like, we are also open for more members to join the team. The main post will be updated since we would be to glad recruit all kind of people (mappers, NPC /spell/monster creators e.g.).

I will be able to bring mapping, hosting, simple lua and NPC creation to the table. I hope there are members with these skills out there that still are interesting in participating in projects. All files in the project will be shared among the members.

This is an interesting project! Best of luck :) You mentioned you will be hosting. Does this mean you already have a server to host? What's your player target (are you targeting a big project with lots of players or a smaller one)?

Bump.
This is an interesting project! Best of luck :) You mentioned you will be hosting. Does this mean you already have a server to host? What's your player target (are you targeting a big project with lots of players or a smaller one)?
We already have a testing server up and available along with a website you can register and log in-game to explore. Join the Discord server in @Marshall_ 's signature if you'd like to know more.

The map looks clean and wellmade. Infernum is a talented and driven programmer as well, so I have high hopes.
Best of luck with the recruitment!

Still would be very glad to see another member work on this with me, send me a PM if you are interested!

Back