• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[QUEST] Paradox tower - what's behind that?

Bedlin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been wondering - is there any explanation of the Paradox Quest? Everything I find are spoilers but noone explains for example why does the quest start with the "Hugo" keyword mentioned to Oldrak?

I've found some information that solving this quest was very time-consuming and exhausting but how they managed to follow the lore or even start it?
Post automatically merged:

Got it - I'll describe it later :)

Last edited:
The riddler is a very old rpg trope. The characters have to answer the riddles in order to enter.

Besides answers, the riddler demands involvement into "discovering" the facts. If you go there earlier, the npc will ask you questions that have no good answers and you will have to take extra walk from hellgate.

Lorewise, the tower seems to be strongly connected to the mad mage which is actually the prisoner in mintwallin.

I've been wondering - is there any explanation of the Paradox Quest? Everything I find are spoilers but noone explains for example why does the quest start with the "Hugo" keyword mentioned to Oldrak?
Doesn't really start there. The Riddler asks you what is the fearsome Hugo. Looking for the answer you ask Oldrak, who tells you it is half-demon, half-something, accidentaly created by Yenny the Gentle. Going further, Zoltan tells you that Yenny was the founder of the druid order Crunor's Caress. Then Padreia (who is a druid and follower of Crunor herself) tells you about the inn "Crunor's Cottage" south of Mt. Sternum, which points to the Lubo's hut. And Lubo tells you that it indeed was once an inn of some "flower guys" who died in an "accident" when one of their pets was transformed into "something". He also says that they used to have chicken and rabbits. So this all together gives you an information that Hugo must be either a demon-chicken or demon-rabbit.

The spoilers start from Oldrak because even knowing the answer you can't just skip this part, so it's recommended to have it completed first to save time. If you answer the Riddler without having spoken to Oldrak and the other NPCs, instead of going to the next question he will give you another one about life, for which there is no answer, and will call you a cheater. That's how Knightmare partly secured the quest against spoiling the answers (same as the numbers and colors part). Ofc it doesn't help when the way to get the correct answers is spoiled too. Still it probably kept the quest secret for a bit longer and sent numerous cheaters to hell (gate).

Last edited:
yea you're right. the quest starts at the tower itself. First figure out how to get in and reach the riddler, than his questions lead you around the map to find answers. similar to desert dungeon quest and cyc mountain quest but on a larger scale
Lorewise, the tower seems to be strongly connected to the mad mage
to me it looks like a power tower to generate energy, madness indeed ;)

Last edited:
Back