• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Question about Config.lua

mikeware

Reaction score
What means that on config.lua: defaultPriority = "high" ?
Don't know what this do, if somebody could explain me Ill be very thankful

This automattically sets the priority of the server so you dont have to set it everytime you start the server again.

Dont know what priorities are for? They are to make the server run faster without lags for the other people.

if you set it to "higher", "high" and "realtime", when you open the server, it will be opened in above_normal, high or real time(respectively) priorities.

At least in the teory, on windows server 2003 it doesn't works for me :S

ah, and it shouldn't work on Linux.

He is using The Forgotten Server.

Setting the priority higher, may give the players less lag, but the disadvantage is that when you want to use the PC your self, it will probably lag alot for you.

Setting it to realtime can even make your pc crash if it is an old and slow computer.

All proccesses have priority, the higher it is the more CPU will be used
That is a bit wrong. The higher the priority is, the more CPU resources the program can use when the CPU is running at full load.
So, if you set the server to a high priority, the server can run more smoothly, but you can't even open My Computer, because the server is taking up all the resources.

So, if Tibia lags your comp, just set the priority of tibia down, and you can use your comp even with tibia running in the background.

By the way, I recommend using real time if you host a server in a diferent PC than yours "job pc" :p

Ah, and to crash your pc, just set your Tibia to "real time" ;)

Even if it's a different computer than a computer that you work on you should NOT be using realtime, it IS bad, I recommend using high.

Well im using with high priority and when i play on my own server with the others and when alot monsters move at the same time...like 30+- the games go very slow but only for me lol

putting more memory RAM will help?

If you play at same computer that you host on then try to set priority to low on the Tibia client.

Back