• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Question about Dedicated Server

Aziltu

Reaction score
I want to buy a dedicated server. But i need some information before i buy a dedicated server.

Question 1:
What is a good country to buy a dedicated?

Question 2:

How much Bandwith do you use in a month?

Question 3:

What are the server requirements for:

20MB Map
200 Players
24/7

1. Depends where you want your players from, I guess?

2. Znote wrote somewhere that 2000 gb /month can hold 170 players 24/7.

3. 2 gb ram, 2.0ghz cpu is enough. You might even be able to use less, but that's what I recommend. :)

1. Depends where you want your players from, I guess?

2. Znote wrote somewhere that 2000 gb /month can hold 170 players 24/7.

3. 2 gb ram, 2.0ghz cpu is enough. You might even be able to use less, but that's what I recommend. :)

Thanks

But what was the size of Znote map or it makes no difference of the number of players i can hold?

Nah don't think so. The server takes more RAM/CPU if you got a bigger map, but I don't think it will take up more internet usage.. Atleast not much.

good dedicated servers
World Host Network

Kiddin me?

The best server from that can hold 45 players online, if you get avrage players higher than 45 players, your server will go down because the bandwith is only 0.5TB. (on the best server they got).

edit1: NVM, checked the virtual dedicated servers, not the regular dedicated servers.

I was hosting Aleria (old Radonia) lagfree on my norwegian computer with theese stats:

RAM: 1.5GB
1.8ghz processor

Runned Aleria server, with 70 - 80MB MAP. Lagfree.

But my Dedicated server is a bit more powerful than my Norwegian server.

Last edited:
Kiddin me?

The best server from that can hold 45 players online, if you get avrage players higher than 45 players, your server will go down because the bandwith is only 0.5TB. (on the best server they got).

edit1: NVM, checked the virtual dedicated servers, not the regular dedicated servers.

I was hosting Aleria (old Radonia) lagfree on my norwegian computer with theese stats:

RAM: 1.5GB
1.8ghz processor

Runned Aleria server, with 70 - 80MB MAP. Lagfree.

But my Dedicated server is a bit more powerful than my Norwegian server.

Alright.. didnt knew.. Many of my friends use to host thier Ragnarok server there and they said that they have good supports...

off-topic: wah I mapped the north part of Radonia :]

I was also thinking of some questions on Dedicated. But its waste to make a new thread i think. So im asking here.

If i have 22 342 KB map and i want like 350+ online, how mutch do i have to pay for a dedicated, And how mutch would the price be?
thinking of Dedicated Server Hosting | VPS | Domains | Webhosting | Private Racks by LeaseWeb,

And If i make a dedicated server, Does it cost to hold up an homepage? and do i have to open ports etc? Change the ip or do they fix it? If i need is it hard? and how do i transfear files, like new updates i heard its like instead of http you write somthing else dont remember exactly.

Anyone could help? :D

I was also thinking of some questions on Dedicated. But its waste to make a new thread i think. So im asking here.

If i have 22 342 KB map and i want like 350+ online, how mutch do i have to pay for a dedicated, And how mutch would the price be?
thinking of Dedicated Server Hosting | VPS | Domains | Webhosting | Private Racks by LeaseWeb,

And If i make a dedicated server, Does it cost to hold up an homepage? and do i have to open ports etc? Change the ip or do they fix it? If i need is it hard? and how do i transfear files, like new updates i heard its like instead of http you write somthing else dont remember exactly.

Anyone could help? :D

When you rent a dedicated server, you get your own computer, connected with strong internet. You do whatever you are capable of doing with that.

When you rent a dedicated server, you get your own computer, connected with strong internet. You do whatever you are capable of doing with that.

Thanks for fast respond.
I got a other question maybe not needed to ask here but, I have daopay system and also paypal system on my ot, wondring is it true that people who donate via paypal can take back their money?
if so, people just can order vip items and then they get their money back and then they got their Items. Right?
Thats a bit lol :eek:

In total I have lost about 300 euros because of Paypal scamming, so yes. It is possible.

Use paypal as a online bank service, but don't use it for accepting donations.

In total I have lost about 300 euros because of Paypal scamming, so yes. It is possible.

Use paypal as a online bank service, but don't use it for accepting donations.

Oh shit, I thought paypal was the best method to accept donations from... Shit, so you recommend using daopay or?

@up
Tell more about Nerozia server. I mean about the dedicated server you're using to host this OT.

Xeon @ 2.8ghz, 2 gigs ram and MYSQL is running on a different linux serv. Never had lagg so far, just reached a new record of 640 players online, still no lagg.

I got now ehm 5 dedi's for OTS, a dedi for a maplestory server and a dedi for WoW server. So 7 in total, 5 of em are at leaseweb, 2 of em at amenworld.com/amenworld.nl. It is costing me only like 800-900euros/month total, got 12 months contract tho.

Can someone give me a website of a company that where i can rent a dedicated server.

Xeon @ 2.8ghz, 2 gigs ram and MYSQL is running on a different linux serv. Never had lagg so far, just reached a new record of 640 players online, still no lagg.

Could you explain me why you're running MySQL server on another computer? What's the point?

Back