• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Question Regarding hosting nowadays

Malthael

Reaction score
So, it’s been a very long time since I hosted a server (pretty sure the last time I touched an OT Server, SQL was just starting to be used) Definitely a long time ago seeing as though all of this new stuff is so confusing I wouldn’t even know where to start. But my question regarding the fact is, how would I start? Is there a tutorial on how things are now run? I’m sure if I had a guide or a little bit of information as to how everything is now run, I would be able to. I’m just pretty much interested in messing around on a server, preferably old school before the runes were able to be hot keyed and such, just something to pretty much kill time and mess around with scripting and such once again, fool around with a map editor and such as well... only problem is I’m not quite sure where to start when it comes to actually setting a server database up anymore... I see all this stuff about compiling and such

Back