• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Questions for knowledgeable creators

Castiel23

Reaction score
Hello and thankyou for your time.
In some months I will be stringing together a server but before getti g to deep in, I wanted to ask some questions of the broader community just to know what will be reasonable or not.

1- can a custom clients background image be a small HD video? Or a 40fps+ 10 second or so gif?

2- is there a limit on how many raid scripts can realistically be working on a server? I plan to have a massive dungeon system with 100 floors and each floor having a 3-7 raid scripts to keep things random on rare spawns, raids, bosses, loot drops, and so on. So would I be able to run around 500 scripts to proc at different times and chances or would it overload the servers brain keeping track of it all?

3- roughly what is the average going rate to contract someone to make custom sprits for both creatures and items? Looking to have around 100 edited or new custom creature sprits and around 200 items of all kinds.

4 - what is absolute max attack speed you can achieve on a modern server? 10 per second?

5- can you have staged exp values of 0.5% so half of 1% if you really wanted it?

6- can you make death loss never drop a backpack but have a tiny chance for everything else?

7- can a multiplier for a added stat system be tied to the vocation. So if you promote a 2nd or 3rd time the stats you have put points into are multiplied?

Random things while at work that I felt I'd ask. Got hundreds more at random times bouncing around my theory crafting head.

1. It can be an animated PNG

2. Not sure about the exact limit, but running 500 different scripts can be quite heavy (I would recommend using just one script for all raids (or one per each set of 'floors'

3. I dont know exactly, but expect high values for that much new sprites

4. Not sure about that but I would not recommend going for high attackspeed that much, I think up to 3~ attacks per second is a safe spot for you.

5. Yes you can, dont think you can with the .xml file but can be done with lua

6. Yes, its possible.

7. Yes, its possible

1. It can be an animated PNG

2. Not sure about the exact limit, but running 500 different scripts can be quite heavy (I would recommend using just one script for all raids (or one per each set of 'floors'

3. I dont know exactly, but expect high values for that much new sprites

4. Not sure about that but I would not recommend going for high attackspeed that much, I think up to 3~ attacks per second is a safe spot for you.

5. Yes you can, dont think you can with the .xml file but can be done with lua

6. Yes, its possible.

7. Yes, its possible
Tyvm for the reply.

Back