• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Worr @RokojoM
Arent those lava walls 7.72? (poi)

Anyway it looks cool and creative. I would remove grass though.

Idk but they are called light wall in the map editor. Good point about the grass (it would probably be the first thing to die in the void). Previously I only tried to remove patches of it but I'll see how it looks with "dead vegetation".

87aOtM.jpg

@Siegh I really like the grass borders on the left side of the picture. The shape looks really natural even though it's made from sprites that are pretty much just straight lines.

@Siegh I really like the grass borders on the left side of the picture. The shape looks really natural even though it's made from sprites that are pretty much just straight lines.

Thanks for that, tho It takes too long to make them :<

Oh alright. You can also upload them to Otland when you post (or edit) a comment.

This swamp used to be a lake once...

Ground floor:
floor 1 swamp.png

From above showing all floors with the trees:
Tried to match the ground floor doodads with the branches on 2nd/3rd floor. Not sure if that's good or not.
floor 2 swamp.png

Showing which squares are walkable:
For all intents and purposes it still works as a lake with different appearance, unless you were to make some kind of secret entrance through the the brown/green dirt path.
floor 3 swamp.png

Unfortunately the minimap looks a bit shitty because the water boarder becomes blue.

Looking for details I came to wonder if CIP ever did something like blueberry bushes but with mushrooms. Seems like a good kind of eatable that you can search for while traveling.

Last edited:
This swamp used to be a lake once...

Ground floor:
View attachment 30751

From above showing all floors with the trees:
Tried to match the ground floor doodads with the branches on 2nd/3rd floor. Not sure if that's good or not.
View attachment 30752

Showing which squares are walkable:
For all intents and purposes it still works as a lake with different appearance, unless you were to make some kind of secret entrance through the the brown/green dirt path.
View attachment 30753

Unfortunately the minimap looks a bit shitty because the water boarder becomes blue.

Looking for details I came to wonder if CIP ever did something like blueberry bushes but with mushrooms. Seems like a good kind of eatable that you can search for while traveling.

I like how its walkable inside the lake, a secret entrance would be awesome.

Also, CIP never did it but it's a very simple script and I've done it for Fenris :D Inbox me if you want an example

It's been a while since I've seen such an open nature and it feels like a breath of fresh air. It's very pleasant to the eyes. You've reminded me that you don't always need to fill the entire space you're given and thank you for that. Great map!

Hello, here is my preview on the purity quarter.

the water in this part of town is clearer that in others, ist even shining a bit at night. the reason for it is not known, but rumors and few researches say that the reason is water from an Underground river which is connected to this quarter. but the Connection wasnt found yet.

This quarter also combines few different building styles. The stone walls and the framework walls. The reason for multiple building styles lies in the history of this city. Some centuries ago the city of taurik was in war against an evil sorcerer. The sorcerer has created an army driven by greed and hate towards the mighty city of taurik and aimed to destroy and to loot it. Harpies and some tamed giant eagles (both flying creatures) also joined his horde. These giant eagles were tamed by a group of warlocks and the warlocks used the eages to fly air strikes on the city. The wizards were flying on the eagles and Shooting magic missiles on the city. The purity quarter was almost destroyed by these magical air strikes. Only few ruines remained. After the end of the conflict the City was built up and because of lack of stones the framework walls were used to rebuilt this quarter. The result was a completly different and unique style.

The new purity quarter holds a peaceful and warm autumn atmosphere. Not much is happening in this part of the City. A part of a wall from the older days of taurik protects the purity quarter from the noises of the City Center and the main river routes.

I0yNCkR.jpg

I copied the idea of the latern statue (and changed it a bit) from another mapper. but i forgot his Name.

F0Y4SmM.jpg

nGXK6nT.jpg

Wow thats cool I love the architecture! Tho it seems a bit hard to walk around in-game, most pathways are 1sqm wide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back