• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rotting rotworm cave in progress,

giPAOSi.gif

Fits the map Im mapping right now boss! What is it for? ;)

Hello,

here is another mapping idea by me. I am obssessed with the idea making cities, i want to make more flooded City styles, winter cites, vertical cities (Building cut in mountain) and similar stuff.
One of my ideas was to make an overgrown left City. Here is my idea how to make one. It is a bit hard to make, because you Need to Combine many different moose/growing plants styles. Taking only one spriting style is not an Option, beause it doesnt look "overgrown enough". So i rather stick to combining more different ones.

Some People may say ist messy and that there are a lot misstakes, but well.... i am trying to solve These Problems. this is just the first finished Picture made with this style.

Now to the lore:

This Buildings to not belong to the City of Taurik. What you see here is part of a bigger village few days to the North from Taurik. Long time ago it was a prospering peaceful village. But the inhabitants of Taurik, mainly Minotaurs, used to cut Wood from the forests. This was a big Problem to the elves living in these forests (elves also have villages in the Woods). They felt threatened by the Minotaurs and they also didnt want them to destroy nature. The Minotaurs on the other side, needed Wood from this forest to build ships. It wasnt surprising that the elves started to attack the village as revenge and to make Minotaurs leave their forests. After many raids from both sides, the elves made Minotaurs leave their village and stop cutting Wood.

But the abandoned village isnt as abandoned as it Looks. Few elven clans made it their new home and roam the streets at night.

f0dNWN9.jpg

Hello,

here is another mapping idea by me. I am obssessed with the idea making cities, i want to make more flooded City styles, winter cites, vertical cities (Building cut in mountain) and similar stuff.
One of my ideas was to make an overgrown left City. Here is my idea how to make one. It is a bit hard to make, because you Need to Combine many different moose/growing plants styles. Taking only one spriting style is not an Option, beause it doesnt look "overgrown enough". So i rather stick to combining more different ones.

Some People may say ist messy and that there are a lot misstakes, but well.... i am trying to solve These Problems. this is just the first finished Picture made with this style.

Now to the lore:

This Buildings to not belong to the City of Taurik. What you see here is part of a bigger village few days to the North from Taurik. Long time ago it was a prospering peaceful village. But the inhabitants of Taurik, mainly Minotaurs, used to cut Wood from the forests. This was a big Problem to the elves living in these forests (elves also have villages in the Woods). They felt threatened by the Minotaurs and they also didnt want them to destroy nature. The Minotaurs on the other side, needed Wood from this forest to build ships. It wasnt surprising that the elves started to attack the village as revenge and to make Minotaurs leave their forests. After many raids from both sides, the elves made Minotaurs leave their village and stop cutting Wood.

But the abandoned village isnt as abandoned as it Looks. Few elven clans made it their new home and roam the streets at night.

f0dNWN9.jpg

Looks overdetailed but still playable

Why is it so bad? I like it because u can see many details and the perspektive is very close to the players view

I think many of your mapping pieces are good, but the reason they don't have many likes is just because of the way you screenshot them. It's not nice to look at and just makes everything look much worse than it really is.

Okay, next time i ll post screens the way the majority likes and i like ;)

Thanks for feedback

I must agree about what the other above me have said, but @scheisse I have to give you some positive feedback as well ;) when you look at your previous works the architecture and structure of buildings is amazing! if you were to present them right with a nice screenshot it would look even better.

for the overgrown city picture you posted, its a bit overkill you can make it look well overgrown without that many spammed sprites.

Karg continues..

ZNTxOKd.png
I like the simplicity of it, the nature is very good looking (even if it's just a tiny bit). I just dislike the swamp meeting the water borders.

Hello,

Now to the lore:

f0dNWN9.jpg

While it is indeed a bit spammed, I don't think its a bad thing, unless it's like this everywhere. The playable zones are just fine, the rest is just scenario and I think it gives the feel it's supposed to.

@Thanatos! It's tilted 90° clockwise. Inspiration came from a guy called Arshalo who once showed me his transformed Thais PvP/war server (was never released). I think his transformation was more complicated though.

I assume that u are quite a begginer in mapping. Keep it going watch some tutorials or try to improve in every possible way. Right now let's say im a bit shacked :D

Most of the ground floor is finalized. My goal is to rotate the entire city of Thais (including parts outside which can be seen from the inside) 90° clockwise. I'm trying to stay true to the original but some things will obviously require change, e.g Captain Bluebear's ship is docked in the opposite direction – there simply aren't sprites supporting ships turned east in Tibia.
reversed thais 2.png
I don't know what will come out of this map yet. Maybe I will release the map if someone is interested. Maybe I will take up hosting some kind of war server on it (been thinking about getting back into hosting). One thing I know for sure is that I won't make some kind of "complete" reverse map. It's just way too time consuming and I don't think it's worth it on a larger scale.

Last edited:
Most of the ground floor is finalized. My goal is to rotate the entire city of Thais (including parts outside which can be seen from the inside) 90° clockwise. I'm trying to stay true to the original but some things will obviously require change, e.g Captain Bluebear's ship is docked in the opposite direction – there simply aren't sprites supporting ships turned east in Tibia.
View attachment 30900
I don't know what will come out of this map yet. Maybe I will release the map if someone is interested. Maybe I will take up hosting some kind of war server on it again. One thing I know for sure is that I won't make some kind of "complete" reverse map.
love it!

Gimme some ideas bros.

w0pdVF4.png

I'm currently joking on this part of the map. It will be a great mountain south of my main town. Basically, I intend to populate it with mountain creatures, as well as some human monsters. but the mountain seems too big for me to put a few basic spawns of wyverns, some golems, etc., as well as being too close to the main town to put respaws of very strong monsters.
I would like tips from creatures to people the place, they do not need to exist in tibia. if they fit the theme, I have no problem creating them and adapt them to the game.

important informations:
1- The server will be of extremely low rates (below the global tibia). in fact, all the experience gained by the players will be reformulated, but in the end it will be more time consuming to up level in this game.
2 - Despite having some flat parts, this mountain chain will be formed by tracks and caves, in addition to many ascents and descents, therefore do not fit "refugee camps, etc."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back