• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats nothing, just look at this:

mvcQB74.png

0lYO2oK.jpg

That swamp revamp they did really sucked. Not only they keep forgetting to fill the mountain walls properly, they also abuse autoborder tools (corym caves).

I'm ok with that area in Kaz, though. It's really old and probably intended as a joke since none of the levers have a use. Of course it could look awesome with newer sprites, but we all know CipSoft...

No offence, but I have never, ever, seen you say anything good about another's map. The constructive feedback is nice, but some positive feedback included would be helpful to others as well. Anyways, that's all I have to say.
There has to be something good in order to give positive feedback.

There has to be something good in order to give positive feedback.

Disagree. You can give negative feedback, but in order to make the creator to listen and wants to continue doing it better, the person who gives feedback has to give him sort of motivation.
Negative criticm is good, but boost the creator with something posetive to say after. I agree with skrypton.
Im not saying im any better, but i try :)

Disagree. You can give negative feedback, but in order to make the creator to listen and wants to continue doing it better, the person who gives feedback has to give him sort of motivation.
Negative criticm is good, but boost the creator with something posetive to say after. I agree with skrypton.
Im not saying im any better, but i try :)

Well said. It's more or less in human nature to instantly become defensive when you're being criticized. Providing some positive feedback as well is a great way to make the original poster more receptive of the advice/comment that is being given.

Yes cipsoft ain't the best mappers, but to me i have to confess it really gave me the rpg feeling
for example all those senseless wheels and such but this give me a real technomancer work place feeling so they did on much places..

Waaaay back I used to tell people, look at cipsoft, how they use their new sprites. But... watching this, how deep they have sunken :( .... it's like seeing your old time favorite hero die :"(

I think they just focus on making the map playable, and that's good, it works for some people
but when you get to know tibia in depth (like mapping tools) you realize how bad they're doing

____

I just wanted to know what was your opinion about these pictures, what water type do you think looks better?
oWdlrKh.png
CNl9scg.png

Not finished yet tho (obviously), also I was wondering if someone could hook me up with the latest version of RME, i'm using 9.6, but would like to try newer versions like 10.x

I think they just focus on making the map playable, and that's good, it works for some people
but when you get to know tibia in depth (like mapping tools) you realize how bad they're doing

____

I just wanted to know what was your opinion about these pictures, what water type do you think looks better?
oWdlrKh.png
CNl9scg.png

Not finished yet tho (obviously), also I was wondering if someone could hook me up with the latest version of RME, i'm using 9.6, but would like to try newer versions like 10.x

I don't really like any of those. I'ma take a shower and then I'll try to get you the 10.35 version

____

oWdlrKh.png
CNl9scg.png

The first water type would fit the best.

Here is the newest rme out :
http://otland.net/threads/10-50-remeres-map-editor.211040/

Yeah I had the idea of an island kind of thing, but i did like the idea of a swampy theme
5ra5vwX.png

Trying to make a city with the new stuff (new for me, have been gone almost two years), will update soon, probably next week or so, thank you guys it feels weird coming back to be honest :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back