• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
f5eal27.jpg

just a pic to make you curious on what Comes next. i know the Screen isnt so good, but some of the surroundings arent finished yet. i ll post more and better Screen when i am finished.

this is first time i am using that mountain sprite and atm i dont know how to use them correctly, so the mountain part maybe be messed up a bit.

f5eal27.jpg

just a pic to make you curious on what Comes next. i know the Screen isnt so good, but some of the surroundings arent finished yet. i ll post more and better Screen when i am finished.

this is first time i am using that mountain sprite and atm i dont know how to use them correctly, so the mountain part maybe be messed up a bit.
never thought about combining that water with the waterfalls, but that does work quite nicely. Looks good!

@scheisse you should opt to use the new view feature. Click your middle mouse button or push Ctrl + Shift + N to use it, it definitely would look nicer without the sprites being so stretched,
interesting piece and it could work but I think the dirt bordering could be better and you're missing a couple of borders on the woodwork in the top left. Would probably remove the tree that's on the bottom floor.
I'm not a fan of the wooden archway and think it could be better suited to this ( http://i.imgur.com/Fbz9Tsr.png )

:)

Ok, i will remove the problems. Can you tell me what missing woodwork border u mean?

Okay, here sre some more parts of my flooded City, i ll call this City Taurik.

The reason why the City is flooded is a big glacier on the top of the mountain west of Taurik. Ist melting already for some years. The reason for it is still unknown, but romors say that a mighty Dragon living in the mountains has awaken and his heat makes the glacier melt.

The water from the glacier flows down the mountain all the way to Taurik and floods ist streets. This causes some Problems with Buildings becoming weaker, but it also draws Attention of many tourists and merchants on the City. This is a good Point, becausw the City can earn a lot Money with increased tourism and trade.

The mountain parts you can see on These pics are the begging of the giant mountain chain to the west. The mountain chain contains of many mountains which are not completly discovered yet. The mountains inhabit many animals, magical creatures and humanoid races.

Not a single Adventure has managed to cross this mountain chain and to find oiut whats beyond....

...if i could make a Server, the Goal of the game would be to cross this mountain chin and to find out what lies behind! it would take a lot time and lvls, because there will be many strong creatures/spawns on the way and quest Need to be solved in order to pass some parts etc.....

PS: a note for the Viewer: i will all more Content soon, so there wont be so much water. the rivers meant to be very small and flat.

thanks, leave a comment!

Z7OM5Ub.jpg

JunhRG0.jpg

R6P4CMV.jpg

8bFC6cC.png

CaoZSMJ.jpg

46pvCUt.jpg

ud7SPus.jpg

puOZ59D.png

Okay, here sre some more parts of my flooded City, i ll call this City Taurik.

The reason why the City is flooded is a big glacier on the top of the mountain west of Taurik. Ist melting already for some years. The reason for it is still unknown, but romors say that a mighty Dragon living in the mountains has awaken and his heat makes the glacier melt.

The water from the glacier flows down the mountain all the way to Taurik and floods ist streets. This causes some Problems with Buildings becoming weaker, but it also draws Attention of many tourists and merchants on the City. This is a good Point, becausw the City can earn a lot Money with increased tourism and trade.

The mountain parts you can see on These pics are the begging of the giant mountain chain to the west. The mountain chain contains of many mountains which are not completly discovered yet. The mountains inhabit many animals, magical creatures and humanoid races.

Not a single Adventure has managed to cross this mountain chain and to find oiut whats beyond....

...if i could make a Server, the Goal of the game would be to cross this mountain chin and to find out what lies behind! it would take a lot time and lvls, because there will be many strong creatures/spawns on the way and quest Need to be solved in order to pass some parts etc.....

PS: a note for the Viewer: i will all more Content soon, so there wont be so much water. the rivers meant to be very small and flat.

thanks, leave a comment!

Z7OM5Ub.jpg

JunhRG0.jpg

R6P4CMV.jpg

8bFC6cC.png

CaoZSMJ.jpg

46pvCUt.jpg

ud7SPus.jpg

puOZ59D.png
Reminds me of something out of one of the early final fantasy games. I like it.

There is one thing i was thimkimg about.... a real medieval town should have more than one wall. The reason is that the city ecxpands with time and grows bigger and for every moment it needs a wall to defend itself. So once the city become big enough outside of the old wall, a new wall will be built.

Thats just an idea for people who are obbbsessed with making a medieval megacity. The real city wasnt built in one week, it also contains buildings with different styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back