• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Beto06 Checked it out ingame not that bad actually, since I wasn't able to find a different ground for the path :<
But well, as a place to buy blessings it went out kinda cool :)
Oj2Etrh.png

iSfGJaw.png

@eiserne festung Idk much about modern tibia sprites but isn't there some underwater stuff? Would it be possible to make him walk in ancle-deep water?

Edit: Or w8 holy shit is that clouds? Wow

Experimenting with a rotworm cave entrance:
rotworm cave entrance.png

The two main concepts I wanted to try was 1) that rotworms are probably like moles the size of a human – piling up the dirt at entrances as they dig out their caves – and 2) try to give the impression that the wind is blowing the sand in one direction at the time (and mix between the two types sand border appropriately).

I will probably give it another try now that I have a general idea of how to structure everything, since it's rather time consuming to change once everything is mapped out. Note that it's a 7.6 map so not every sprite is available.

@Magnetico The clouds look pretty dope though. I think it's mostly the contrast between the strong green and mild blue that looks a bit weird.

@Magnetico The clouds look pretty dope though. I think it's mostly the contrast between the strong green and mild blue that looks a bit weird.
yea, the clouds i love.

maybe if the water was a little bit darker but idk xd

That cave in LOTR had orcs too, didn't it? Perhaps they entered the spider cave in search of the hobbits or something? I can't remember anymore.

That cave in LOTR had orcs too, didn't it? Perhaps they entered the spider cave in search of the hobbits or something? I can't remember anymore.
yes, there were some orcs. but my reference was only the spider, not the set. xd

Experimenting with a city that is thrown into the void by powerful magic. So kind of the "floating island" feeling but with destruction and decay. Here are two comparison pictures for the where the road suddenly fell down into an endless abyss.

Decaying into void.png

I haven't finished the whole concept and "blueprint" for how to do certain things like houses/roads/underground etc. It's been pretty hard to balance using sprites for unintended purposes without cluttering the map too much. Even though gravity doesn't work like usually in this place I still want it to look believable.

If you have any ideas on sprites that can be used for such a project (7.6 map) feel free to suggest things. The ones I'm currently using are the light wall sprites and 4227/4228 branches for underground; and the normal stone wall/cobbled pavement as well as 3326-3347 rocks for some ruined buildings and fallen roads.

depot peonsvoid.png

Some of these things will look bad in the minimap but you won't be able to walk everywhere in the map so it won't show in the final version.

Attachments

• Decaying into void.png
    Decaying into void.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 7 · VirusTotal
I think that's about as good as you can do in the 7.6 client. Great job!

@Worr @RokojoM
Arent those lava walls 7.72? (poi)

Anyway it looks cool and creative. I would remove grass though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back