• Sign up for TFS Icon Competition! The prize includes Otland Premium time and a medal, as well as obviously taking part in TFS history.
  • There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ravendawn - Development Thread

Kuzyn

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
Twitch
RangersArcani
As I thought before reading blog post, you can't build anywhere ;) Its understandable and fully acceptable but this topic suggests something different. Also, please work harder on Polish version of blog posts if you force people to read it first based on geolocation. Translation could be way better.

Anyway I like this idea and idea of transportation, but sadly in a grid-based world it always looked weird to have things like your ships moving around. I would like to see more of ita in action 🙂

What about creatures, combat? I guess thats still the main game activity but there is nothing about it in this post?

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
As I thought before reading blog post, you can't build anywhere ;) Its understandable and fully acceptable but this topic suggests something different. Also, please work harder on Polish version of blog posts if you force people to read it first based on geolocation. Translation could be way better.

Anyway I like this idea and idea of transportation, but sadly in a grid-based world it always looked weird to have things like your ships moving around. I would like to see more of ita in action 🙂

What about creatures, combat? I guess thats still the main game activity but there is nothing about it in this post?
Essentially everything you ask for here is shown/discussed more in dev blogs on the website. Otland posts can only be so long and have so many images, so we cannot post everything shared.

Also some of the old dev blog translations were done by a CM of ours, however the most recent ones have been done by an english/polish teacher in Poland who has done localization for a few other larger games. If he's doing an insufficient job I guess we will find someone else but all our polish players have said it looks great up till now.

You can change the language to English as well at the bottom of the page just incase :)

Last edited:

Kuzyn

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
Twitch
RangersArcani
Essentially everything you ask for here is shown/discussed more in dev blogs on the website. Otland posts can only be so long and have so many images, so we cannot post everything shared.

Also some of the old dev blog translations were done by a CM of ours, however the most recent ones have been done by an english/polish teacher in Poland who has done localization for a few other larger games. If he's doing an insufficient job I guess we will find someone else but all our polish players have said it looks great up till now.

You can change the language to English as well at the bottom of the page just incase :)
Blog post about transport is okay, the one about houses is kinda odd. I can point you out few things that you can improve later if you want to.
There is also one bug on Polish website version, probably text took too many lines and dates went below menu bar :p
1607270201653.png

And yeah I know that you can't post everything you want to here, but to be honest I thought that I will see some gameplay or creature fighting in action. If its too early thats fine, I will wait :D (ye I saw gifs with spells showoff, thats cool!).

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
Blog post about transport is okay, the one about houses is kinda odd. I can point you out few things that you can improve later if you want to.
There is also one bug on Polish website version, probably text took too many lines and dates went below menu bar :p
View attachment 52181

And yeah I know that you can't post everything you want to here, but to be honest I thought that I will see some gameplay or creature fighting in action. If its too early thats fine, I will wait :D (ye I saw gifs with spells showoff, thats cool!).
I will work on getting those replaced/fixed! Thank you :)

If you take the time to point anything out, just DM me on discord or here and I will get them fixed.

Ahhh yea, we are just releasing things in sets is all. We have a couple months of teaser stuff already prepared but we are slowly releasing it 1-2 times a week so we dont have a draught where we share everything in 1 day and then go silent for 3 months ^_^

We will be posting a longer combat video soon~ but first we want to share each archetype themselves then do a full combat video finale type of thing.

Cwiras

Blind Mark
Reaction score
I saw an ad for your server on facebook today. At the beginning i treated it like any other ad but now when i saw this thread on otland i know that i could click on it because this server looks awesome. I will play for sure! :)

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
I saw an ad for your server on facebook today. At the beginning i treated it like any other ad but now when i saw this thread on otland i know that i could click on it because this server looks awesome. I will play for sure! :)
Thanks so much for the kind words! :) definitely join the discord for way more teasers!

FenX

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I will be tuning in, by far the most promising project of this year and it looks nice so... :)

9/10

Fifflaren

Art of Conquest
Solutions
Reaction score
Wow just wow 😍
Here I'm working on my ot thinking its starting to come along nicely, then I see this.... Wow you and your team is legit the elite of Ots 😍

Just the effort with all the custom artwork makes it all look sooooo great! 😍
Keep it up ❤️

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
Wow just wow 😍
Here I'm working on my ot thinking its starting to come along nicely, then I see this.... Wow you and your team is legit the elite of Ots 😍

Just the effort with all the custom artwork makes it all look sooooo great! 😍
Keep it up ❤️
Thank you so much :) means alot - really. We work very hard and this goes a long way for all of us.

And keep working hard on it as well! I started all alone as well, along the way I met really talented people and it continued to grow to our point now, took 6 years, doesn't happen over night! And we still got alot of room to grow our skillsets yet!

Ochman

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm all aboard the hype train, but I'd love to see some combat gifs that clarify if we get something interesting and engaging or yet another dull "stand still and spam hotkeys" combat.
Because if the latter, man, I don't care that much about graphics and map, I already quit.

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
Unfortunately adding videos here is a pain - So instead of copying over the video heavy dev blogs, going to simply move over part of it and a read more link <3

White Magic
WHITE%20MAGIC.png

Channeling the restorative light of the Dawn, White Magic is the primary healing archetype in the world of Ravendawn. While this archetype focuses on keeping its user and their allies alive on the field of battle, the full power of the Dawn should not be underestimated… skilled users can call down its holy force to smite their enemies where they stand.

Click Here To Read The Full Dev Blog

Includes teaser videos of all White Magic Abilities & More