• Sign up for TFS Icon Competition! The prize includes Otland Premium time and a medal, as well as obviously taking part in TFS history.
  • There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ravendawn - Development Thread

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
View attachment 52323

This looks so satisfying. lol
Yea it's quite nice! Especially full screen & sound ;) (of course we make smaller gifs for website loading times)

We will be working on a full combat video in the near future here that will go on our youtube and include sound, full screen, etc!

I really like those website illustrations, cool systems. I'm curious about the market system
Thank you! We have a very talented illustrator and concept artist :) definitely join our discord and toss that in the Question Desk and we can make sure it's either covered in a developer blog or answered immediately if it's not a huge question <3 Join the Ravendawn Discord Server! (https://discord.gg/ravendawn)

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
I like it but it does currently not look on point imo. I needed to review it over 10 times to figure out that it's probably the circle to target the jump.
Maybe that should not exist but be some kind of gameplay skill of the player himself.

Great overall. Need to see more footage :)
Yea it's not the easiest to tell from a single gif (that's also super zoomed in). It plays very well in-game though as this indicator is very flexible and easy to use similar to in standard MMO's :) Still being polished here and there though of course. Pre-Alpha stuff - Also the cam region/movement doesn't help..

Thanks for the input, and more footage will come! :) Warfare Dev Blog being posted Friday!
that looked clean as f*ck! o_O:eek:😀
Thank you ;)

RoyalzBHO

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
The Warfare Archetype Dev Blog goes live this Friday!
Dont forget to join our discord to get first access to the entire Archetype!
https://discord.gg/ravendawn
View attachment 52590

Is the animation made in script or by hand? Because i can guarantee you will get complaints it's too visible. What i'd suggest is to add some transparency effect on "mirage" outfits to make it much more clear. There are 6 outfits, start with the first one having no transparency at all and the next outfits having more transparency with each outfit. (1 - 0%; 2-15%; 3-30%; 4-45%; 5-60%; 6-75%)

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
Is the animation made in script or by hand? Because i can guarantee you will get complaints it's too visible. What i'd suggest is to add some transparency effect on "mirage" outfits to make it much more clear. There are 6 outfits, start with the first one having no transparency at all and the next outfits having more transparency with each outfit. (1 - 0%; 2-15%; 3-30%; 4-45%; 5-60%; 6-75%)
It actually does go transparent! Just a bug because of the generated outline (the red outline). Already on our buglist but nice eye ;)

when are some tests?
You can see our release timeline on here Ravendawn Online - Landing (https://ravendawn.online) however these dates are flexible. Right now we are on a very good pace however ;) We do much more frequent updates in our discord as well so be sure to join in there!

Blackstone

Legendary OT User
Reaction score
OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
Warfare Archetype Dev Blog
warfare(1).png

With a ravenous appetite for bloodshed, Warfare is the favored archetype of orcs and barbarians. Users of this archetype specialize in brute force combat, able to draw upon the lifeblood they’ve spilled to heal themselves and strengthen their savage attacks. A Warfare user in the throes of bloodlust and hatred is a terrible sight to behold.

Click Here To Read The Full Dev Blog

Includes teaser videos of all Warfare Abilities & More