• Sign up for TFS Icon Competition! The prize includes Otland Premium time and a medal, as well as obviously taking part in TFS history.
  • There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ravendawn - Development Thread

SCREECH

Premium User
Premium User
Reaction score

Just givin you a heads up on how strangely similar they look, both being "dynamic sandbox mmos" [word for word] too, and even some of the UI elements you guys have going,

EvG42uIXMAA8IVB.jpg
Devblog UI - Spelltree.png
don't want to give anyone the wrong impression.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score

Just givin you a heads up on how strangely similar they look, both being "dynamic sandbox mmos" [word for word] too, and even some of the UI elements you guys have going,

View attachment 57385
View attachment 57386
don't want to give anyone the wrong impression.

Hope this helps.
The screenshot ref you used from fractured, saying we copied them, they're using a public asset you can buy from an asset pack.

You're cringe.

Last edited:

Blackstone

Legendary OT User
Reaction score
looks kinda annonying hahaha ( no hate or something )
So what exactly does look annoying? What is your feedback?
From previous discussions I think the shaking effects can be lowered or even be deactivated.
What else can be improved from your perspective?

@TheOnlySilver
I really enjoy every single small feature teaser and the team is always open to listen to suggestions.
Looking forward for tomorrows stream, I hope I will make it in time.

Cheers and best of luck

TheOnlySilver

Reaction score
With their homes deep in the tropical regions of Sajecho, the ancient Toads spend their lives defending their sacred jungle and its inhabitants from all outside threats. They patrol their homeland’s borders vigorously, quick to meet invaders with poisoned blades and speartips

Levi999x

AoT
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi
my fault I didnt write the reason why it looks annonying in "my eyes"

the way how the game is wobbling looks in my eyes annonying if you farming kinda alot
but aslong you have a option to turn it off, im fine :D

Hey mate thanks for the feedback! We will work on the "looks kinda annoying"! :)

MrVilhelm

Simple Mapper
Premium User
Reaction score
Whenever I’m chopping trees, it feels like I’m being watched… people say I’m crazy, but I swear these woods are getting restless
Okay this is really cool and all, the fact that you made this is amazing. But imo I think it looks a little weird with an axe just swining randomly and the character just standing still. Im not saying I would do it better cuz I wouldnt but it looks a lil off for some reason. But much love anywho!

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
Okay this is really cool and all, the fact that you made this is amazing. But imo I think it looks a little weird with an axe just swining randomly and the character just standing still. Im not saying I would do it better cuz I wouldnt but it looks a lil off for some reason. But much love anywho!
Yea just animating 100s of outfit variants for gathering won't happen atm, unless we did pxgs approach where your outfit changes for a split second during the gathering but we didn't like that method.

Musaab

NoxOts
Premium User
Reaction score
Maybe try the axe side ways of the tree instead of "on" the tree?

Google exampel to show what i mean :D
1618007271041.png

Maybe it would look better, maybe not :] anyways good job overall tho!

MrVilhelm

Simple Mapper
Premium User
Reaction score
Yea just animating 100s of outfit variants for gathering won't happen atm, unless we did pxgs approach where your outfit changes for a split second during the gathering but we didn't like that method.
Well I mean if you want it to look good, then you gotta put a lot of time into it. But your decision if it's worth the time or not. Anywho, looks good!

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
Maybe try the axe side ways of the tree instead of "on" the tree?

Google exampel to show what i mean :D
View attachment 57496

Maybe it would look better, maybe not :] anyways good job overall tho!
We did it this way at first but the angle looks worse depending where you're standing. Doesn't solve the issue. We're okay if the gathering animation is not incredibly emmersive though, a sacrifice were okay with to focus on other parts of the game

Xandress

Reaction score
Well I mean if you want it to look good, then you gotta put a lot of time into it. But your decision if it's worth the time or not. Anywho, looks good!
I can not agree with you, it is looking good in the way it is right now - clean and symbolic, for a simple cutting tree task it is enought in my opinion.

Really love the colour palette you have there, a full of life and pleasent to watch

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
4390 peak concurrent twitch viewers. 3100 average viewers. 16658 total unique views.

3400 viewers across all restreams on twitch/youtube. 7800 total peak viewers across everything. Insane.

Our last livestream had 200.

We cannot thank everyone enough. If you missed the livestream, we will be uploading a full vod to our youtube channel in the next day.

Dip Set

Solutions
Reaction score
tbh I’ve never played any “alternative tibia mmo”, but if I were going to, it would be this server. I think you’re going to do great. The gameplay looks totally immersive and looks like you actually did enough work to get away from being “tibia-like”. Imo just a prediction, this server is gonna take off like a rocket, I’m calling easily >1k players on launch. Good luck guys