• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ravendawn - Development Thread

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
tbh I’ve never played any “alternative tibia mmo”, but if I were going to, it would be this server. I think you’re going to do great. The gameplay looks totally immersive and looks like you actually did enough work to get away from being “tibia-like”. Imo just a prediction, this server is gonna take off like a rocket, I’m calling easily >1k players on launch. Good luck guys
1618126452840.png

I think their discord will suggest a lot higher.. xD

BoomRyu

Reaction score
Imo just a prediction, this server is gonna take off like a rocket, I’m calling easily >1k players on launch
Are we talking about spoofing 1k players or what? The project looks amazing, watched and it is really good, wishing the best. But we need to look at the another tibia-like servers that started on march. They had around 100+ on server start and the only one server which has playerbase is a server without bots

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
Are we talking about spoofing 1k players or what? The project looks amazing, watched and it is really good, wishing the best. But we need to look at the another tibia-like servers that started on march. They had around 100+ on server start and the only one server which has playerbase is a server without bots
1) this isn't really a tibia server anymore, afaik, it has it's own engine.
2) Their discord has well over 2k individual and active users. No other OT I've ever seen has more than 200-300 on average, or even at best.

So I'm not quite sure this is comparable with any ot atm. Treat it as a new game based on Tibia

Last edited:

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
no they don't lol
its tfs+otclientv8

still will be good
Oh.. I'm almost sure I read somewhere it was on it's own engine based from TFS, similar to bloodstone. But as I can't find this on the website maybe you are right. Still, it's had a lot of resources thrown at it due to the other successes Knighter has had, so it should be a great server when it comes through the works.

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
1) this isn't really a tibia server anymore, afaik, it has it's own engine.
2) Their discord has well over 2k individual and active users. No other OT I've ever seen has more than 200-300 on average, or even at best.

So I'm not quite sure this is comparable with any ot atm. Treat it as a new game based on Tibia
Yea we had 14,000 unique users active in last 7 days, 20,000 total members, and livestream hit 4400 concurrent viewers, trailer 52,000 views in 16 hours :) <3 We expect quite big things for the project.

Last edited:

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
Yea we had 14,000 unique users active in last 7 days, 20,000 total members, and livestream hit 4400 concurrent viewers, trailer 52,000 views in 16 hours :) <3 We expect quite big things for the project.
Yeah tbh I was basing it off the online at the time.. Takes me far too long to scroll down the list so xD You should add the ME06 discord bot with the total online/members count feature

Definitely wont struggle to get 1,000 players anyway.

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
Yeah tbh I was basing it off the online at the time.. Takes me far too long to scroll down the list so xD You should add the ME06 discord bot with the total online/members count feature

Definitely wont struggle to get 1,000 players anyway.
You can actually see it by hitting the server button at the top :) but I think that's just on mobile version. That's a good idea on the mee6 feature thanks :) Screenshot_20210411-085908_Discord.jpg

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
What a crazy weekend filled with so much excitement from the community & our team! We cannot thank you enough for all being there for the live stream. We hit 4400 live concurrent viewers on our stream alone, with several restreams with 700-1500 viewers watching too! The Trailer has already hit 75,000 views and yesterday the discord has hit 20,000 members!

Additionally over 1,000 supporter packs have already been purchased by the community! Thank you so much to everyone showing such strong support for Ravendawn through the supporter packs, you all are so generous and encouraging on the project, and it motivates us to work even harder than we already have been (if that's possible xD).

A few announcements for everyone!

#1 As many missed the livestream and announcements on supporter packs, we have decided to extend the duration of the Free Moa Plushie bonus by 48 hours. You will now have until Wednesday to obtain one by buying any of the supporter packs Ravendawn Supporter Packs (https://ravendawn.online/supporter)

#2 The entire live stream is now available to be watched on our youtube (includes time stamps as well) here -
If you missed the trailer -

#3 Attached is a TL;DR of the stream provided by @Neos PT - Ravendawn — Livestream 10 de Abril (https://neosravendawn.medium.com/ravendawn-livestream-10-de-abril-607817a790c7) ENG - Ravendawn — Livestream April 10th EN (https://neosravendawn.medium.com/ravendawn-livestream-april-10th-en-e838585bdfa7)

#4 We have answered some of the most frequently asked questions about the supporter packs, you can view them here - #faq20K.png

Pecax

Reaction score
Without a doubt in my mind, this server is going to be awesome. I know Knighter can handle projects like this with no issue, I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of the most played "tibia-like" games out there. HOWEVER, thats the same thing I said for archlight, and it tears my heart to see how p2w archlight has become, some players don't even have to leave the depot and still be on of the strongest people in-game. I hope that doesn't happen to this project aswell. No hate, just saying my opinion, we all have our own free will to do whatever we feel appropriate.

Best of luck to you and the team, I'll be following :)

SCREECH

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Might wanna pay attention to/fix your website's opening line, and also find out the name of your own game's art style. It isn't isometric, neither is Tibia~

Top-down Oblique

Just a tip--truly want to see the hate against this beautiful style on reddit to f right off, so it'll help to explain it more to them.

Last edited:

drakylucas

Solutions
Reaction score
Do you intend to launch this game on other platforms, like epic games/steam? I mean, you use your own sprites, so you wouldn't have any copyrights problem. If you are able to, I think you will gather even more people there.

And just as a doubt, do you use TFS base as engine, and otcv8 base as client? (of course modifying both a lot), or you (as a big team) did all from scratch? Just to know how powerful those platforms really are.

By above videos / gifs, this is the best custom "tibia" game I've ever seen. Good luck on launching it!!

OP
Sir Knighter

Sir Knighter

ArchlightOnline.com
Premium User
Reaction score
Do you intend to launch this game on other platforms, like epic games/steam? I mean, you use your own sprites, so you wouldn't have any copyrights problem. If you are able to, I think you will gather even more people there.

And just as a doubt, do you use TFS base as engine, and otcv8 base as client? (of course modifying both a lot), or you (as a big team) did all from scratch? Just to know how powerful those platforms really are.

By above videos / gifs, this is the best custom "tibia" game I've ever seen. Good luck on launching it!!
Thanks so much for the kind words.

TFS & OTC are incredibly powerful, you wont be limited by them if you are wanting to do what we've done.

Yes we plan to release on external platforms but not for launch. They take quite a big revenue cut. We will move to them once our organic audience has already settled :)

Keru

Entrepreneur
Solutions
Reaction score
OTC are incredibly powerful, you wont be limited by them if you are wanting to do what we've done
So basically you are saying yes? There is no shame in admitting it. You guys have done a magnifisent job